People should be penalized for leaving mythic+ keys

Last week I managed to get myself into a +16 mythic and managed to beat it after 2 hours of trying with the team. This week I got from my chest a +15 Underroot. I made a pug to finish it for the chest (Im playing as a tank). We are at the second boss pulling the trash around him, one of the dps pulls and extra pack that I didn’t pull, we wipe and one of the dps leaves. And that’s it my key that I spent 2 hours getting gone because someone left and I get screwed over, and nothing happens to him. I’m sad and disappointed, I also got messaged by one of the other dps saying that my pulls were bad when I didn’t even was the one that made the pull. So this is the reason nobody tanks in this game, we try our best and at the end we are always the one at fault.

If it takes you 2 hours to beat a 16, then you’re not ready for a 16.

If you’re genuinely ready for a 15, then you should be able to take your 14 and push it to a 15.

Also, we’re tanks. Our job is to take responsibility and hold aggro. One extra pack shouldn’t be wiping you. An extra CD or two is all you need to stay alive (if you’re running keys at that level).

I just think you got carried through a 16 and then had a key you weren’t experienced and geared enough for.

Edit: I sincerely understand the pain and anger than comes with dropping a key because someone leaves, but it’s their game time and they can do what they want with it, especially in pugs.

3 Likes

“You should be punished for not wanting to play with me!!!”

3 Likes

The only reason it took 2 hours was because that pug was a group of friends and they were carrying his friend the healer who was undergeared. He was running 455 ilvl on the +16 and i was tanking that.

and you think your opinion is valid when this is the rest of the story? this is the most important part of the story.

sure I’m up for penalizing egocentric people that think they are over other 4 people but not when you’re not clear from the start either.

if someone was getting carried people got tricked and expected the leader to get a group worth of a 15.

1 Like

My man its not about wanting to play with me, is leaving a key that its tied to your drop from your chest, maybe you join and leave other people keys and don’t do yours yourself and if you have an epic team perfect for you but people in pugs leave the keys all the time.

They left your key because they didn’t want to play with you and you want to punish them.

1 Like

If your key drops, push it then run it. Problem solved.

I dont undestand this of playing with me or you man, its a mytic+ key you go there knowing you have to do it timed or just finish it for the loot or chest or whatever, you dont joinj a pug and then leave mid way because you dont want to play with someone, if thats how you do it then you are part of the issue.

basically the dps didnt want to carry some stranger he will never met…

you could however have found another friend and do that key between friends.

Like that still doesn’t change the fact that they left because they didn’t want to play with you and you want to punish them as a result lol.

Idk man if I know a dungeon with a bunch of bad players is going to take the same amount of time to run 3 dungeons, then I’m clicking leave group and hearthing as soon as I can. It’s a waste of my time.

I know thats what ill probably do, its just disappointing just having that feeling when doing pugs that people WILL leave just for one bad pull or they just wanted to be timed so they see it will not happen so they leave.

most people running 15s are geared to the teeth this late in the expansion. The only reason anyone would be running a 15 normally would be to time it and improve their io.

You are just trolling at this point, i dont get you.

Not sure how I’m trolling, all I’m doing is clarifying what you want lol.

Yeah i understand that and its ok for you to do that, but its not your key and that’s why you do it, if it was your key you wouldn’t do that.

I have 100% downgraded 17s to 16s or 15s because it would be a waste of my time to not time it

I don’t know why people leave M+, especially if it’s not their key, they can still get loot.

You are just ignoring my point and making it to be as for some reason they just didn’t want to play with me? like why? I don’t get you.