People opposed to Convenant lockins

I am just curious if we have any data that will show us what is the impact of being a part of one covenant rather than another?
How much % of dps will kyrian retribution paladin for example, be doing more than venthyr one, just so we know what are we talking about exactly?

The biggest problems with covenant abilities aren’t % dps numbers, they are mechanics. A lot of covenant abilities have no synergy with the class they are for, meaning they will likely never see use in any kind of content. A lot look like they were designed by people who have never seen the class before.

A combination of factors really. If you REALLY want to know.

1. My first toon was an Orc hunter way back in Vanilla, this warlock was my first alt.
  2. Back in Vanilla, my choice for warlock was undead or Orc. I didn’t want to do another Orc leveling zone.
  3. Underwater breath+summoning stone=bottom of the ocean funtimes for me.

Data to back it up? Are all of those just assumptions? How do you find out which covenant will be dead? Just curious.

While some have significantly LESS synergy, this statement tells me you haven’t done any real research and are basing it entirely on the abilities themselves. Perhaps from a video you watched?

The conduits provide alot of the class specific synergy. Obviously some are still way stronger than others, but NO Convenant has zero synergy with ANY class.

About a month ago blizzard asked for detailed feedback. Beta testers gave quite the effort. It’s a pretty good, albeit hype killing, read.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenants-and-your-spec-a-survey/616438?u=voxplaga-ravencrest

I came to find out there’s actually no issues with changing covenants. It’s only when you go back to a covenant that you were previously in that will take 2 weeks to do. Also the expansion seems to be pretty alt-friendly, so I’m not as against this as I used to be. I might just go ahead and make 2 Druids for this expac.

I did read it and the answer still holds. You’ll be different than Afflic warlocks who don’t go Maldraxxus but no different than those who do and this is some how meningful?

Also…

No, way different than this as the choice of covenant locks the player out of 3 other major story lines. That alone is really more meaningful than being locked to an ability. Now you can run alts for the other 3 but your first experiences in SL will be the story line of the first convenant you choose.

Covenants would be better if they weren’t tied to player power imo :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So what you’re saying is your choice in race was entirely trolling based. Makes sense.

That post contains almost no exact data. Those are mostly tester’s impression about covenant abilities itself - what they think about whether each specific covenant ability is more or less useful in m+/raid/pvp.

I do have to give you credit though. This is the first I’m hearing someone who is going to…

Arguing for the lock in.

It’s about a lot more than that. For instance rogues have one great covenant ability for everything, and 3 terrible ones.

I’m still not sure how to answer that exactly. I stated, these 3 things would make me different from someone who has 2 of those 3 things, but not the third. And your response was, but someone who has all 3 of those things will be the same. Yes… yes they will? That’s exactly what i said. That 1 difference, will make us different.

I’m not even trolling you here, i just think maybe you’re up to late or too high to understand?

So more developed Aldor and Scryer then. I have 7 toons at 120, there is zero chance i’m not seeing all the story lines no matter which convenants i pick for my main. Locking out storylines doesn’t change your character, it just changes your perspective. It’s two entirely different things.

My FIRST experiences in SL will be the story line of the first convenant i choose whether it changes my playing style or not. So i’m not sure how that helps or even changes anything?

The majority thinks your opinion is trash, hence why you speaking at this point is irrelevant. We’ll get to 9.3, Blizzard will have 12 subs left playing the game, half of them will be exposed as being on some register for deviates and they’ll remove the lock in anyway. We all know it’s coming.

Yes since 1 of 3 answers that i obviously wouldn’t even have known when i chose it is “entirely trolling based.” Ya got me! /facepalm

Yes of course, because every other unpopular decision Blizzard stuck by somehow killed the game. Those other 11 people and i pay Blizzard a million dollars a year to keep it going. It’s getting quite expensive honestly.

Still not enough to already decide which covenant will be dead a month before expansion launch. What about soulbinds and conduits impact? Legendaries? You have to take a bigger picture into consideration before proclaiming covenant ‘dead’ and suggesting noone will chose it, therefore there is no real choice at all.

OK, you maybe right here, on both counts lol!!

I’m just failing to see how one ability is such a meaningful choice. To be honest with alts as we’ve said, I’m failing to see how any of it is meaningful choice.

You wanna hit this?

So then you’re saying your race choice wasn’t meaningful then? Because the only useful thing you listed was that you can troll people by summoning them underwater.

If you read, a lot of that is taken into account. Not to mention signature abilities, such as the kyrian page, which is almost universally bad for everyone compared to the other signatures.