People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

Its melee whining because they arent unkillable anymore. Melee have 100% uptime with roots stuns and fears and they still whine about gpies. Sick of it all.

I do not play Melee but Gpyro is still a problem over all I should not be able to literally kill people on a mage I have had 0 experience on. I am able to do very well while only pressing gpyro polymorph Ring of frost and shimmer lol. In a bg setting its troll lol.
EDIT: My mage just hit 120 last week and is 300 IL

1 Like

Gpy aint the problem. Those you play against are bad and dont know how to counter anything. If fire mage was broken OP thats all youd see in pvp. Gpy is fine … Its a L2p issue in 99% of cases.

Going to have to respectfully disagree with you there since I also been watching streams with mages at 2200 level casting nothing but Gpyro poly spellsteal and ring of frost in an rbg setting. Not healthy for the game but I will say this Melee uptime does need to be looked at.

1 Like

Lol you do see fire mages everywhere. They’re not uncommon in rbgs and in arenas rmpala is one of the most busted comps out there.

Fixed it for ya.

3 Likes

Unless you’re an arms warrior of course, in which case practically everybody can kill you and the only recourse you really have is to recruit dedicated pocket heals.

It seems you have delusion maxed out on your character. Good job.

Don’t trust the pandas.

3 Likes

You’re right, Fire is ez mode but Destro is even more ez mode, I laugh when I vs fire mages because it’s so easy to stop their gpies. When I play my destro all I gotta do is juke once and then it’s an easy fast cast cb kill.

Also to shout him out, here’s what a good destro can do.

Yea I imagine a GOOD Destro is very scary :scream:

Yeah very. I rather fight fire mages all day than decent destros, it’s the same situation as WoD, i’d make a video for BFA to prove it again but I don’t play that much atm. I’m just on my knees waiting for 8.2 :drooling_face:

:rofl:

10chars

Yeah tell me about it. And then with even one fire mage it’s annoying when my kick is a minute CD and they’re locked out just by a few seconds. I mean sure, LoS and all that, but there’s some places there isn’t much for LoS. Either way it’s very annoying to see a spec using 1 and only 1 ability without much in the way of penalty.

2 Likes

Destro tickles compared to a fire mage.

2 Likes

Then you’re not playing vs half decent fire mages.

Kick gpie? No problem hit sheep into double gpie (good ol travel time). Los it? No problem, shimmer gpie.
Dragons breath into gpie into ring into gpie = 66% of your health with no counterplay and no burst cool downs from the mage.
Now follow all this damage up with instant damage and targets dead.

Now destro. Big CBS do 50-70% of your health in one bolt. Ouch. Well you know they can only do that every 3 minutes really.
Anyways… So we have to stop it… Okay kick cb? Okay no spammable fear no nothing but waddling for 3-6s. Okay so he deathcoils and has one guaranteed cb on you… Still has no way to reliably get off the second without threat of kick.
Los? Oh wait no shimmer cb. Also no decent instant damage to follow up and finish you off.

Seriously gpie/poly/shimmer is way more toxic than CBS lol. CBS can be huge and can kill you faster but they’re not spammable and require CDs.

5 Likes

That or he’s a much better player?

No he said he’s more afraid of destro than fire? There’s a lot of hate on gpie/shimmer as it’s more toxic than cb lol… People don’t even hate on cb that much (way easier to dodge), they hate on the fact destro can sit in the middle and not die because they’re live Lord’s :joy:

Pretty sure he plays both classes, so I’d take his word

Any class with mobility can laugh at destro locks really.

1 Like