People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

Except rogues are doing fine (even sub with the buffs I think, combat not so much)? It’s not compensation in the sense of lose this get that. They would just have to buff damage on fireball or something to compensate as they are designed around bursting with a gpie cast. If they don’t have that they’d be very very weak.

They’re overpreforming but not by that much… So is destro. Just spammable gpie/sheep/shimmer take the skill out and feels terrible to play vs… even as a sham who has outs :roll_eyes:

In a perfect world every spec would be somewhat competitive. PS buff affy lock please, I refuse to play destro.

1 Like

Disarm on the mage

And another bg with 5/10 fire mages like I said more and more people playing fire mage each day because of that annoying spell its so miserable its physically impossible to interrupt so many greaters and healers at once

of all things they prune this ability should have been 1 of them

1 Like

I don’t feel I have any particular matchup problem 1 vs 1. Maybe a very good mage or Unholy.

This. Plus shimmer so you can gpy on the move. And bait kicks / interrupts with sheep / ring. Fire mages are ridiculous and it’s not just Gpy that’s over the top about them.

This is why I have such a dislike for fire mages. They’re everywhere now. I rarely see 4-5 destro locks in a single game, but it’s not uncommon to see that many fire mages.

2 Likes

Just got out of a Battle for Gilneas against an alliance team with 3 Resto druids , 2 Destro and 2 Fire Mages. Got absolutely wrecked

Lies, Horde never lose.

This thread is a joke lol :rofl:

GPyro Mage vs Destro Lock is apples to oranges, not even close to the same. It’s night and day, not even comparable really.

In epic bgs during teamfights I’m constantly scanning the periphery for GPyro Mages off to the side/behind that tree or rock… they are just so dangerous. I try to save my ranged interrupt specifically for that GPyro cast when I notice the cast bar.

Also, a Destro Lock has a standard “resource” system… it can’t just “spam” it’s nukes over and over. Overall, I think Destro Lock is fairly balanced - they hit hard, but they have to build/spend resources so there is some downtime between the burst damage.

On the other hand, a GPyro Mage can just spam GPyro over and over and over :roll_eyes: It’s brainless and requires no skill, a GPyro Mage can just spam GPyro until the victim runs out of interrupts and the GPyros start connecting/victim dies.

It also doesn’t help that it’s the FoTM caster for bgs right now, everyone and their brother seems to have a GPyro Mage alt judging by all the GPyro Mages running around in bgs.

GPyro Mages are BUSTED :rofl:

1 Like

So far my max has been 7 fire mages and havent had more then 3 locks yet. Too many people playing them now because of that ability

1 Like

Not much tbh. Shards come so easy, makes up for the cast time of gpyro vs CB.

I’ve been killed by out-of-the-blue GPyros plenty of times (you sneaky, sneaky mages), Chaos Bolt usually just chunks me down somewhat - but I live.

I always take a quick glance at the combat log whenever I die unexpectedly, and usually it’s “Mage’s GPyro hits you for __________ fire damage” as one of the last entries :roll_eyes:

GPyro Mage freecasting = run away :joy:

So like a 1v2 or something?

No, I’m talking the big teamfights.

If I see a GPyro Mage targeting me I run away to try to out-range it.

Ah you just need teammates who know to shut it down.

Greater pyro is cancerous to the game. Not even a comparison with Chaos Bolt.

5 Likes

Just realized it starts at 6 minutes. The first 2, ofc, are destro lock and fire mage.

https://imgur.com/a/L1ydlGu small sample size since we both threw a small amount, but you can get the gist. That mage is over 400 ilvl, while I’m sitting at 370. And yes, my CB’s are weak :joy:

Gpy is max % based. The only thing to make it hit harder is the target having a higher max HP.

YUH NOOBCAKE

Yea but CB isn’t far from it, plus I can get off 2 before they get 1.