People hate Sylvanas, but love Vegeta

We compare storytelling and character-developement.

DBZ has horrendous storytelling, but it is still better than World of Warcraft.

4 Likes

You can’t compare storytelling in an anime to storytelling in an MMORPG. Two entirely different formats.

1 Like

I’m still sadden over how they did our boy Gohan. He was meant to be the chosen one.

3 Likes

I think the thing with Sylvanas is that her redemption is written very poorly. Vegeta we get to see struggle with his own pride and feelings over many years and grow with him. Sylvanas is extremely arrogant, and the story isn’t being written as if she were seeking redemption. The story is being written that WE’RE wrong for judging her and being mad at her. It’s as if the writers are telling us we’re the ones that need redemption and not her for how stupid we’ve been acting and how mean we are towards her.

6 Likes

They’re both incredibly long-form story-telling. WoW is one of the longest running games with an ongoing story, and DBZ is one of the longest running anime with an ongoing story.

Comparison seems solid to me.

2 Likes

I miss dad-geta from GT. Goku literally has no ability to do anything outside of fighting besides winning 40 hotdog eating contests simultaneously and able to fight on a full belly

And it’s still an entirely different format. One is specifically meant to tell story. The other is a mix of gameplay and story and is handled entirely different.

1 Like

Vegeta is no Krillian that is for sure. Also the true hero of DBZ is Yajirobe.

3 Likes

Of course you can and WoW loses. Like to most other things (based on story).

1 Like

No. You can’t. :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4:

I mean you definitely can. Wow isn’t a narrative driven game primarily.

Ff14 is proof you can definitely have a long narrative in an mmo.

Sylvanas does not have a Goku

I was actually going to make a post when I was talking about Gohan how I don’t really understand the “Gohan disappointment”, without actually turning the lens on the person complaining. Is it the fact that people are upset that Gohan rejected being a Z fighter when so many fans want to be Z fighters themselves? What exactly is the problem with Gohan saying “There’s always going to be a new battle of the horizon, I can’t keep fighting forever, at some point I need to actually live my life”… and then just living his life?

The whole point of fighting to protect a way of life… is that way of life going on. What’s the point of fighting so hard if you no one will ever get to enjoy the fruits of the labor? Gohan has already saved the world before anyways, when does the hero get to rest?

Namek will blow up in 5 minutes! <10 hours worth of episodes later> We only have 4 more minutes!

10 Likes

wait, length of story is reason enough to make the comparison? i’m not about to compare general hospital to lotr because both are from the grandpa era.

2 Likes

No. You. Can’t.

2 Likes

If Dragon Ball was an MMO, you better believe Namekian players would be furious at Vegeta’s redemption arc.

3 Likes

I keep thinking that if Korin had given the z fighters sensu beans in the Jiren fight… eventually Goku would have gone beyond the ability of even the gods.

Remember when just screaming would tear holes in reality or powering to ssj3 risked blowing up planets

Old DBZ was horrible for this. I believe they “rebooted” DBZ into a more fast-paced version that trims a lot of the fat.

Still, it is kind of a problem with the medium as well, trying to adhere to manga while being “real time”. Like Jotaro freezing time for 4 seconds and it being close to a minute and a half.

Wrong. We can and we do. You can compare every story. Some make more sense to compare than others, sure. Those two are very easy to compare.
Perhaps next time you have more to say.

2 Likes