People don’t like what they don’t understand

Most people buy runs or get boosts simply because dungeon groups in low levels have become too rare to find at this point. When you have a grand or 2 in the bank, are you really going to spend all day looking for a RFD group when you could just drop one of your guildmembers 10g to boost you through?

When dealing with a game like WoW though, tolerance and understanding works all fine and dandy when people do their part in making it work.

Multi-boxing right now seems to be a big one. There are people that like to multi-box which can disrupt the fun of another person. Where is the middle ground where everyone is impacted the least and still allows for everyone to enjoy the game as they see fit? Is there even a middle ground that can be met so this fun for all can be created or is it a pipe dream?

All I get out of this is that many players want everything handed to them. Okay, got it.

6 Likes

Seems like an issue of space to me - there’s a lot of it in WoW - is the multi boxxer invading a spot in the world that overtly impacts everyone else’s space - or are the others being stubborn in wanting that piece of space for themselves?

I do it for the muscles.

I don’t know HOW but some servers will stay alive for 5-10 years id say, people enjoy spamming vanilla 24 hours a day.
Don’t ask me how/why it happens but it does.

3 Likes

Gotta make your own
at level 60 even, everyone on grobb is selling raids for gold / real money now , but I said "LFM Zul gurub, no reserve , no gold " and got like 10 whispers in a millisecond, not even kidding.

because friends like to play with friends, and real recognizes real. :slight_smile:

You make a good point though, I think a lot of people complaining about a lot of these topics will seriously miss it when the population dwindles to that level.

There is a lot of space and maybe that is the middle ground. People need to go out and explore it a little so as to maybe avoid having to compete as hard for those resources.

Not sure how this can be addressed when dealing with very very specific resources, but for generic resources it might work.

Can always just come back later if you’re outmatched, too.

Some people. Some people are only interested in max level play (raiding, pvp, BGs, whatever). The only reason they have alts is to get another max-level character. That has always been true in WoW – for 16 years now. So of course they do as little actual gameplay as they can, for levels 1 to 59.

That is not all players or most players. The biggest strength WoW has its the huge variety it has, and the variety of things players do. In a public interview in 2016, a dev said that less than half the playerbase does ANYTHING in WOW (raiding, pvp, Mythic dungeons and on and on) except for leveling 1 to max. Everyone has to do that, once.

Its your sub. Go for it.

Now excuse me while my human Stormwind dancer hustles for the occasional yet predictable 69copper…all while catching up on Westworld.

Yeah and if those people wanted to go into orbit or underground with it I would say godbless but instead they force this crap on us like total buttholes.

To be fair, you could get to 60 legitly in 4 days played(which for some people is actually less than a week). But you have to know the quests and do work(instead of afk’ing in a dungeon while watching youtube).

You don’t actually save time using consumables because the amount of time it takes to farm for consumables is always greater than the time saved clearing. In reality, people use consumables to compete with each other on warcraftlogs.

99% of the time people do premades to maximize their honor-per-hour. The other 1% are guildies who never have more than a few people queuing together and I wouldn’t qualify them as a “premade”. Actual premades have NOTHING to do with social interaction, and if the Vanilla Honor system wasn’t so top-heavy(IE if you’re not in the top 3 brackets you’re wasting your time), then there wouldn’t even be premades.

As soon as people get their rank they almost always stop pvp’ing altogether.

It also allows them to do anything without a group(even dungeons). Multiboxers were banned on the private servers because the vast majority of players were against it, and it tended to take away from the community aspect of the game, while producing a lot of advantages for the multiboxer(world pvp, gold-farming, etc).

The only reason Blizzard allows it while the private servers didn’t, is because it is money in Blizzard’s pocket.

4 Likes

i agree with everything except the multiboxing. multiboxing is inherently detrimental to the game in every way.

1 Like

Last night I hearthed my level 1 Nightelf warrior banker back to the starting zone, with the Ony buff. A friend joined me on a level 1 Druid. I couldn’t pull enough to put me in danger, it was like a level 1 geared raid tank.

That was fun! Did it irritate anyone leveling in the area? No one complained, in fact the rogue we invited in the spider cave had fun too.

Was it necessary? No, but you can bet it will happen the next time he is fully rested. Two hours of being god like at single digit levels is pretty efficient.

Get innovative with your fun people, world buffs aren’t just for raid logging. And I do agree with the OP, you do you, and let others do the same.

I’m in a decent “top guild” on my server and I rarely get flasks/world buffs. Sometimes I’ll get Ony/Nef. /shrug

I would say the consumables/flasks/world buffs bit is not like the others.

If you want to stack buffs or pay for DM buffs, that’s your choice.

If you want to spend 200+g on a flask or 50+g on other consumables, that’s your choice.

Those things don’t negatively impact other people. The PVP options do, and as for PVE boosting, it sort of does take out a lot of leveling players from the pool of normal dungeon runs (but I understand completely if people don’t want to level their Xth alt through normal dungeon progression).

Oh look, another hypocritical opinion that multiboxers are taking away from the community aspect of the game while simultaneously saying that PVPers get no enjoyment from grouping together and thus being part of a social community.

idk if its healthy somones ego might get hurt