Pelinal Whitestrake vs Warcraft Elves

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by maybe being a cyborg from the future, his soul blistered by the blessings of two divines and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual de-elfing. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Heartland, seeking vengeance against the Elf Kings who had wronged Man. He wore the armor of the Divine Crusader, and those that tasted the bite of his sword/mace/teeth/laser-arm named him… THE WHITESTRAKE.

succesful 2016 reboot noises

Since its sunday again, im bored, and about to run out of subtime i decided to make another lighthearted thread.

How would the divine crusader do against the heavy hitters of the diverse elf races of this setting?

The rules are as following: its 1v1 in an arena, each fighter starts out fresh, fights are not linear meaning its not in the order im listing them

Vs Kael’thas

Kael, my man, i love you- but you’re going down. However, i dare say he stands a better chance than anastarian, liadrin and the living sylvanas

Quelthalas is basically free real state.

Vs Illidan

He’s gonna put up a better fight than Kael, but if Illidan couldnt beat Arthas nor Maiev then he’s going down unless he gets lucky or clever.

Vs undead sylvanas

If she had prep time, or some way to stack the deck in her favor before hand- then she’d win. But since this is a 1v1 in an arena then its just similar to illidan.

Vs Malfurion

It goes either way. Malf is pretty powerful but is also a glass canon, pelinal is less powerful but could even go as far as keep talking after being beheaded.

Now how wrong/right do you guys think am i here? What about the ones that i missed?

2 Likes

Any elf with mechanical knowledge can counter him.

3 Likes

Fair enough lol

1 Like

Every time he lays eyes on an Elf, they just say(through gritted teeth): Sorry, we’re actually Trolls :3

7 Likes

Given just how insane Elder Scrolls stuff usually is, Willing to give Pelinal the W. Against who? all of them

Elder Scrolls is one of those world’s I’d love to just sit down and read everything on, cause it looks so generic on the surface, but good Lord the minute you look under the hood.

2 Likes

To be fair, i imagine Tyrande is the only one of them that actually has a ghost of a chance of talking him down- since she’s the closest thing to Alessia in this setting.

I dont think Elissande’s time juju would work on him, or at the very least it wouldnt throw him off his game since he already pulled an “i know you know i know” on Akatosh (who is the god of time in TES, more or less)

Queen Azshara pre tentacling actually has a shot, though. Mad Respect.

1 Like

Fargo Flintlocke achieves CHIM and gets the W.

In all seriousness, between Warcraft inconsistencies and Elder Scrolls… lets go with “zaniness”?

I have no freakin’ idea how this would ever play out.

ESO has a lot of the deep lore stuff in it if you go out of your way, which is great. I think it’s also the only time a concept like the Godhead has been referenced in any of the games.

That’s disheartening to hear really. I don’t actually have a huge grasp of ES beyond some of the crazier aspects, but even I can tell you that having such a unique, alien setting is a welcome change to just copying Tolkien for 90% of the background.

Dragon’s Dogma also has such a generic medieval feel yet has so much more hiding underneath the surface. Same with Dark Souls. I’m a sucker for those kinds of twists.

1 Like

Its mentioned in one of the Black Books in the Dragonborn DLC in Skyrim.

To be fare, (if you read the Silmarillion) Metzeneas way off the beaten path when he wrote the Kaldorei and Quel’dori. The only similarities untill bfa was the pointed ears. Night Elves got disfunctional bat ears?

Pelinal is literally a super god type warrior who may or may not have existed and was basically like a returned Jesus in terms of how he destroyed all the enemies of the imperial faith, so probably would wipe the floor with anything in Warcraft elf or otherwise.

I mean, i did say that Quelthalas was basically free real state, didnt i?

There are still definite exceptions in the main storylines(even khajiit using moon sugar incense to physically travel to the moons), but I imagine it’s hard to get approval for chunks of mainstream games to focus more heavily on ideas like:

• a cult doing brain surgery on a god to merge it with a god of another pantheon to create a new god of time that then has to retcon itself into existence alongside its multiple personality disorder that manifests as dragons.

Exactly the kind of crazy you can expect from ES. Probably a good thing it doesn’t take off with the mainstream really. Soon as it did everyone would be trying to copy it and the whole idea would get ruined.

The weird stuff is the best part of TES. That, and thr non-standard generic fantasy tropes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE

Look upon what you’ve forced me to post

2 Likes