Paying gold for dungeon runs

So basically you’re talking out of your rear end and are just speculating solely on what you think will happen even though everything you just said before was wrong.

1 Like

Hey come on, i’ve been pretty civil so far. No need to call me names.

Well what other conclusion am I supposed to draw when you suggest everyone just spend a month and a half leveling an alt and discourage other players from spending money how they want for convenience services?

1 Like

blaming retail for peoples greed typical uninformed zoomer

Not much than that is just my opinion. No sure how that equates to me being a “poopsocker”.

“Bro stop providing services to other players I don’t wanna pay for, just level a mage alt and spend a month leveling and another few weeks gearing it!”
“Bro what do you mean you have limited time to play and are willing to pay for a tank? This game is a time sink you shouldn’t be able to pay for services to make more efficient use of your time just waste several months of your life like me!”

1 Like

If I had what that person had going on, I personally would not play what is known to be one of the grindest games possible. That’s just me though. This game requires time, it is what it is. You could buy your way through it if you want, that’s someone’s call. But I’m not into it. And I’m not going to support/recommend it.

But WoW isn’t the grindiest game ever? It’s a game you can currently more or less beat in a month or less and all of the content is time gated. Blizzard is having to roll out contest faster than what they initially stated because people are running out of things to do??

I made gold back in the day selling runs to twink wannabe’s going for the gear.

This is not new

Since most dungeons are run from CRZLFG, it would be somewhat hard to sell runs in retail.

Back in vanilla, and here in classic, it was normal.
Sometimes a person just wanted to get the quests done, or blitz the dungeon for some specific drop etc, or it was a dungeon people hated, like gnomer, etc.

Deadmines was a popular one, especially for rogues collecting defias gear

Not “the” grindiest, “One of” the grindiest. It’s gated now, but consider that they only have 2 hours a night to play. How long would that take to get to 60? Then to grind out gear. Then to raid if possible. Then if they want to PvP, grind ranks, maybe grind money for things if they need it.

2 hours a night isn’t going to get you there in 2 months. It’s going to take a while. That is, unless they somehow had the gold to pay for it. Which if that’s what they want to do, have at it. But If I were in their shoes, i’d just play a different game that suits my schedule. To each their own though.

So basically your argument just boils down to “stop playing the game how I don’t like”

Noted.

2 Likes

“Which if that’s what they want to do, have at it. But If I were in their shoes, i’d just play a different game that suits my schedule. To each their own though.”

Nah, it really isn’t. They take gold from any server and use it to buy tokens to build up bnet balance or pay subs.

Gold sales of M+ and raids is huge, but it’s always been part of wow, we used to sell MC clears back in the day.

Well that’s a surprisingly humble conclusion to come to from a guy who started out saying

Paying tanks means less people will do it for free

False because people who tank as a service are geared and wouldn’t run it otherwise, the tank shortage is just because nobody likes to tank and this just provides an alternative to people who don’t want to keep waiting in LFG

It’s a slippery slope

Not factual again because it’s happened since vanilla

People who pay for tanks didn’t earn the run

Plenty of people do it at 60 and have run the dungeon with pug tanks and just pay because they know how much longer it takes finding a tank who needs to run it, and getting carried through a low level instance was earned because you grinded the money to pay someone to do it.

But people were shunned

“Dude trust me everyone will hate you”

Okay fine you can spend money how you want but I don’t participate in what you do.

All you had to say from the start friend. Live and let live.

ok boomer 10 char

Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand, but personally i would rank WoW as the least grindy of the classic MMORPG’s
I’d have ranked original EverQuest 1 as the mother of all grinds, followed by Ultima Online, then a few others before considering where WoW fits in.

Fun random fact… Alex Afrasiabi’s first EQ character was the first character in EQ to hit 50… guess when everyone was designing wow they didn’t want that grind anymore lol.

This doesn’t happen in retail… retail has personal loot, at best you can buy a meta achieve from a raid, or an M+ carry for a chest; but that’s about it.

This is a private server thing- so if you wanna blame someone, that’s where to go.

It also becomes a necessity when you start looking for groups and not finding one for literal days. At some point- the gold carry is obviously a better choice. Many servers are basically crippled at this point- pvp servers especially where nobody’s rolling on the underpopulated side anymore.

Probably not, one if the reasons WoW was more popular is it catered to a wider audience.
EQ in it’s heyday was a very good game, but a lot of people were put off by the fact that you might grind for 3 days to get 1 level.
And we wont even go into what learning new necromancer spells was like, there was no trainer you just handed money to.