Paying gold for dungeon runs

You can also learn it questing after hitting 60, or just running a dungeon or two. And what if he had a class he’s previously played in the past powerleveled?

Real world trading is against the rules though, so yeah that would actually be illegitimate. But you’re using the rare exception of rule breaking to discredit legitimate players making legitimate money funding their alts.

2 Likes

No offense taken, just meant as a point of discussion. I know what I signed up for. I know that I will never be able to raid or pvp at a decent level because it’s not a priority in my life. Doesn’t mean I can’t run a dungeon on a Friday night :grin:. I am not one of those people screaming for lfr/ lfg. Just missing the point on how me paying for someone to help is ruining someone’s classic experience.

1 Like

It’s not. Your time can be traded, it’s how this game has functioned since day 1. They just don’t like it, but they can get over it.

That is the slippery slope issue. Which is why I don’t respect any form of it.

Of course, I’m no gatekeeper. People will do what they will do. But I personally won’t have anything to do with it, and have no respect for people who do such things.

It’s an open forum, I’m allowed to discuss it if I want, just like your allowed to discuss how you don’t mind it all you want. :roll_eyes:

What do you mean slippery slope? Use clear and concise terms. Show me what you mean and provide your thoughts on why you think that.

Trolling =/= discussion. I’m kind of an expert on that.

Clearly not. :woman_shrugging:

If you read their prior posts, they think that GEARED tanks who will work for money are actively part of the same pool of tanks who run the dungeon because they need to be geared. From their simple understanding, by paying a guy who was not going to run them through BRD free anyway, you are taking away a tank from them (when you aren’t)

That, or they just don’t think it’s fair how you put in the effort to make money and you are spending it on services they don’t want to pay for. Either way, you can do whatever you want with your money and there will be absolutely no consequences for it.

It starts with leveling, and can end with paying to basically have your entire characters journey purchased.

Paying in game gold to get leveled.
Paying in game gold to a spot in a group to farm pre-raid gear
Paying in game gold for a raid spot
Paying in game gold for raid gear
Paying in game gold for a BG premade group for Ranks

Well you are paying that tank for his time more than anything. Time is money right?

All of those happen and have been happening since Vanilla. The latter ones literally describes how GDKP guilds operate. And yet it doesn’t impede on anyone’s ability to find guilds that don’t charge money, does it?

All of that was in vanilla.

1 Like

Yes, all this was in Vanilla, and people were flamed for it, called out for it, and shunned from guilds for it.

For the GDKP part, I never took place in guilds with that sort of loot ruling. DKP, yes, but never gold based. It was attendance based.

Shunned or not shunned, it’s still the individual’s choice. The fact is that it was all in vanilla. I think that’s what everyone is trying to tell you.

1 Like

So it’s a slippery slope, except wait no, it actually isn’t a slippery slope and has been happening since the beginning of the game… but uh… oh man you’re gonna get in big twouble if you spend your money how I don’t like, because uh, you gonna get bwackwisted or something!!!

lmao get real dude.

1 Like

Oh I get that. I’m just pointing out that it is pretty lame. People will do what people will do.

It’s a slippery slope in Classic because it is beginning, it isn’t in full force yet. Hence, we are at the top of the slope looking down right now.

Again, people will do what people will do. But I doubt i’m alone on seeing it as lame, and I’m confident that there are also people who will have nothing to do with people who have bought their characters if they go that far.

he’s some greedy poopsocker who can’t fathom compensating someone for doing him a favor so he just tells tanks to not even give people the option and reroll mage for money