Pay to win now. It's over

We in theory see them in dalaran in the greatest gear on the greatest mount and bow down to their greatness as they stride by.

In practice…ngl, I don’t even know what the hell most of this gear looks like. I don’t even know what I am supposed to bow down to in reverance.

well that and I am not in dalaran much to give them homage lol. I check into the place every 3 hours for WG. And I jsut stare at the WG battlemaster then till I can queue in.

2 Likes

i lowkey wish they didnt add tmog and raid lockout savings tbh…

i liked both at the time but now… meh.

1 Like

I have no feelings one way or the other.

I do see the people who liked non mog’s stances however.

But I am more focused on pvp. And I work more off HP bars and such.

I don’t see armour in BG. I will admit at 50 I cannot in a say 8 on 8 zerg battle pick out armour by sight for all those people lol.

I can, however, tab over people, see my Elvui show hp bar, buff and debuffs on them and this is how I pick targets.

If a theoretical full pvp HP bar for a class is value X and I see them beneath that I sense not full pvp gear. Stuff like goes into choice to engange. less stamina also could mean pve gear no resilience.

And if my locks and s. priests have dotted the crap out of them…that usually means target time.

I don’t see armour. I see HP and how easier they will drop if debuffed and dotted.

2 Likes

Going to be honest the only real value for the token is to get game time. GDKP combined with gold selling that spawned from bots have inflated peoples gold to such a point that I wouldn’t doubt the balance has tipped in the wrong direction for Blizzard.

A 4-5k token is nothing to a botter and helps fuel armies of accounts to keep botting. Supply on 3rd party sites continue to sky rocket as a result. Hell, some people probably even buy gold from those sites to pay less for WoW by turning it into game time. That is the real tragedy of this whole thing. It did very little to nothing to stop gold selling from 3rd party sites. Its low price fuels those sites machines. GDKP allows gold bought from those sites to be washed and flushed into the market where more people use tokens for game time.

The economy is pretty much trash. If you are like me and run GDKPs then you don’t feel it or care. If you don’t you are lucky in WOTLK golds value has been dropped to next to nothing for most things you NEED in the game. So… the reality is its just a big machine that fuels armies of bots with game time, fuels GDKP runs, and over all crushed the soul from the game.

This comes from the same people that thought RDF would kill community. But a lot of people don’t bother running with guilds anymore because you can get just everything you want with as far as your gold can carry you. To get started in that world you just swipe the card at a 3rd party or with Blizzard. Then you get rolled into the machine.

Hell, I wouldn’t doubt if a lot of guilds out there are just husks. People that are in one on like their main for “friendship” but say little or do little together minus log in and raid for a couple hours a week to collect loot then conspire behind each others backs about the color of their number on another 3rd party website or care more about doing GDKPs with “people” that care more about their purse size then anything to do with their personality or persona.

This is how community dies though. With thunderous applause.

6 Likes

What are you winning?

1 Like

LMAO.

Lemme go find all the times you’ve posted this while you keep changing the date.

I’m sure there are more recent ones, but this is from the last time I checked.

To the OP … nice doom and gloom first post on a sock puppet none the less.

5 Likes

Meanwhile I’m getting my BiS TOGC gear for free, but please do go on about how WoW is P2W.

2 Likes

Tmog is one of those things I don’t partake in but it also has zero negative impact on me and it’s kind of fun seeing what others come up with.

I call it pay to not have friends. Guilds and solid friends crews have less issues here.

Or I call it pay to skip LC. which had/has a fix. But not many liked it.

It was called personal loot. Now only in dungeons for retail. IF the GM’s had in mind a better recipient in mind for that drop, oh well.

If an upgrade for you, it was stuck to you like as if glued lol.

You can’t make a loot pile in personal loot. no loot pile, no gdkp . Its Masterloot that makes gdkp possible.

some come up with goofy things like giant razor blades… and then yell at people to ‘taste my blade’.

Bots and gold buying suck… But I recently hit 5200 on my DK by just playing with my guild a few nights a week.

GDKP isn’t for everyone and it does impact some of the economy, but I’ve found by just not getting into it it doesn’t effect me.

1 Like

What exactly are you winning?

Are you playing to play on a gear treadmill? Seems like a hollow way to play. Find a team, set some goals, and achieve them.

You can’t buy a team you enjoy playing with. Which is - to me, the entire foundation the game is built upon.

Glad to see the “i’ve seen this post before” guy is still spamming that he’s seen posts before

(My post is “i’ve seen this post before”-ception)

2 Likes

If anything, wow token takes money out of farmers hands. Some percentage of people who would have bought gold on the black market, will instead buy from blizzard. GDKPs have some negative impact on the culture of the game, especially from the POV of someone who is either bad at making gold, or relatively casual/bad at the game.

From the POV of someone that is relatively good at the game, or understands how to make gold, it’s a godsend, improving their use of time dramatically. Instead of some obnoxious 10-15% chance the item you want will drop, followed by a 1/numberofpeoplerolling chance you win the roll. You can, with enough effort on your part, make it a 10-15% chance. And the ones who DONT win, still get something from the run, it’s a nearly perfect system. Only possible to make it better, by making loot entirely currency based, to remove RNG entirely.

So this is a good thing for the players that dont want to join guilds? Is that what you are saying? It has never been a requirement to join a guild. Many players felt forced to. Just because you like guilds does not mean everyone else does. U r mad because ppl can chose to play a different way than you?

What’s pay to win? Like if I pay money can I just have the item pop up in my mailbox?

Because if so…

You can probably bet that Blizz would love to do this.
They’re only 1 degree away anyhow.

Oh darn that’s too bad. So pay to win isn’t in the game after all

Oh it is, but it could be more convenient.

Pay 2 win implies someone has to pay to keep up with players who pay.

That ain’t wow

1 Like