Patty matson in a podcast about sylvanas

Once you’ve developed your mental faculties enough that your argument evolves past pleas to emotion and trying to make a player feel bad for doing bad things in a video game, return to this thread.

I’ll be waiting to applaud your progress.

5 Likes

But nothing did happen with Derek.

He was conveniently placed on a boat, with very few guards and a token crew.

It’s like Sylvanas was begging him to get Derek back.

There are better places to imprison your supposed uber weapon than a a vessel capable of transporting him away.

1 Like

She probably was.

Garrosh knew Baine was a traitor and fed him information so he’d tell the Alliance, lure more people to Theramore and then killed them all.

Sylvanas is supposed to be Garrosh on steroids.

1 Like

I agree. TBH … there have been several reasons I’ve been sticking around for BfA.

1. Goblin remodels (if the Females can just get colored eyebrows I’d be very happy). Also, Blizz, give us Gazlowe as our leader … he’s amazing! I want Jaina Proudmoore’s husband to be our Goblin Racial Leader lol!
    1. Vol’jin’s sidestory … is one of the most compelling little narratives of this expansion.
    1. The Horde ARs (I’ve been VERY happy with every single AR we’ve gotten, and if we got the Kelfin for the Gob AR I’d consider it a 5 for 5 victory so far).
    1. Finally, seeing what the hell all this build up was for. I mean, all this work to ensure Sylvie gets to conclude whatever she’s doing … so at the very least I’m intrigued (even if its just in a waiting for the car crash you know is coming to happen sort of way).
3 Likes

i feel like blizzard just forgot about derek as soon as the camera was off him

lol

/10chars

That’s a fib, Valdrane. We (and Baine) personally witness Sylvanas’s conditioning attempts. Just because Derek has abnormally high willpower (or i guess it’s normal for alliance characters to auto win) doesn’t mean that Sylvanas didn’t break the cornerstone of all forsaken society.

6 Likes

She doesn’t deny it when Baine confronts her about it either.

2 Likes

It’s not.

There is NO conditioning. You witness her saying that is what she is going to do, then Derek sends out a long scream.

Next, we’re going to go get him with Baine.

The fib, is entirely yours.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a little “stay a while and listen” with Baine that had us walking in on Derek being tortured in one of those little side-temples of Zuldazar? I remember him being all crucified with magic ropes and screaming for someone to help him.

4 Likes

It’d be hilarious if they went this way as it’d justify both Arthas and Sargeras in the same fashion. They just did it for the GrEAteR GooD!!!1!

7 Likes

I never heard that. Where is it, so I can go out and listen to it on a character I am close to that part on.

Oh wait, nvm it a stay a while an listen with Derek actually. Here:

1 Like

Well hell, guess I am proven wrong. I never found that one.

I mean it’d be nice for her to take a stand against Genocide while her home country is in the process of executing it themselves. It’s like… the most basic human decency to oppose such a thing.

Its this scene that honestly is part of why I think the plan was always to pressure Baine into freeing Derek; to use his rep with Jaina to get Derek (a fully functional sleeper agent) behind enemy lines. I mean, she tortures the guy in such a public way that the ONLY motive I can think of is for her to trigger Baine into doing what she wants him to (which … if true … means that the Derek plot is far from over, and that those Forsaken guarding Derek were considered acceptable losses by Sylvie to ensure the charade).

12 Likes

I am going to have to go find it on one of my Horde characters who hasn’t passed that part yet. I’d rather see it in person.

If that is the case, then my theory stands. And is well within Sylvanas’ character.

2 Likes

unfortunately the sleeper agent seems to have been taken to calia, so he cant do much real damage to kul’tiras

I can’t help but believe that it’s a poor sign of a leader to purposely go against your allies’ values so they hate you.

12 Likes