Patty matson in a podcast about sylvanas

That’s assuming the target was ever the Proudmoore’s in the first place? She might target them sure, but she might also take a shot at Genn or Calia as well.

1 Like

Maybe Sylvanas learned Calia was resurrected as a lightforged undead and planned for Derek to kill her, not damage Jaina or Kul Tiras. Sounds like a crazy theory, but who the hell knows what Blizzard intends?

Sylvanas wasn’t exactly thrilled with Calia showing up in Arathi. Maybe she wants to finish the job.

1 Like

My honest theory is that she used it all to get Stormwind cleared out.

She’s been saying from the beginning that Stormwind is her REAL target.

Getting them all together at TB is the perfect opportunity. And I THINK (hope really) that Saurfang is in on it, and not a traitor.

1 Like

if the true target is calia, then i will gladly help derek kill her

19 Likes

I think this would fundamentally undermine his character solely for the sake of Validating Sylvanas (and very unlikely since we’ve seen internal monologue with him in several different ways). Not to mention, him being “in on it” would fundimentally destroy the last vestiges of the WC3 Horde Faction Fantasy (it would be dead, it doesn’t matter how much Rexxar are Thrall you throw at it … it would be unrecoverable). I know you love the Forsaken Racial Fantasy, but IT coming at the expense of every other Racial Fantasy in the Horde is sort of a disgusting concept.

9 Likes

You and I agree on something.

True, but it fits in with the story Blizzard has been trying to tell since A Good War and all the stuff that came after it.

The attack on Darnassus, and from the looks of it, everything sicne then has been subterfuge. A ruse to trick the Alliance to act in a way counter to their best interests.

Hail to Sylvanas. For the dark lady.

6 Likes

‘wow genocide xd’

War is evil. Enemy has to die. Many enemies have been killed.

The point of the faction war is to kill the opposing faction.

i thought the point was to make us feel bad with sadfang cgi cinematics

12 Likes

Actually in faction wars, the whole point is for the Alliance to suffer so the Horde can feel sad, self-reflect, and soul search to find redemption in itself while we’re waiting for the next expansion that ignores faction nonsense.

9 Likes

I thought the point was to get gold and purple shiny things.

nah thats just a perk, the main goal is blizzard wants us to feel bad BecAuSe FiGhtINg iS bAd

2 Likes

The Saurfang videos are for members of the Horde who like the actual Horde, to reassure them that they aren’t forgotten.

I don’t know how reassured I am, though.

6 Likes

Congratulations, you have a better understanding of basic leadership concepts than most Sylvanas apologists.

12 Likes

Yes but she is playing 700005647d chess it is all part of the plan lol

4 Likes

Lol the players are silly, they want war, and they want a story, but no one will ever write a story where war was a good thing, war is never a good thing, and never was, so you want to have a mmo world with world building and all that fun stuff, war is always gonna be bad.

Omg I loved it! I really imagined myself and her doing this! hahah well at least someone made me laugh in this forum, from a good joke.

1 Like

i love it how sylvanas supposed tactical genious gets ridiculed ad absurdum.

i already knew this was gonna suck so i didnt wanted any faction war, i think only half of the horde is enjoying it and i dont think we are enjoying it, so really who did they write this garbage for?

Yep thats what happens when blizz insists she is a great tactical mind yet her plans fail and yet everything is still going to plan. It just gets silly.

1 Like