Patty matson in a podcast about sylvanas

22 Likes

ā€œWe got away with it.ā€
ā€œAs usual.ā€

-Me and Sylvanas when we escape with a slap on the wrist again :joy:.

35 Likes

Glad to see she acknowledges that her anti-Horde actions are just in response to treason from her fellow faction members, gives me some hope the writers are self-aware.

Maybe the wannabe Alliance members of the Horde wonā€™t get their way after all their non-stop whining on these forums.

Iā€™ll laugh if Sylvanas takes over as a Khadgar-esque character in the next expansion.

48 Likes

so puns from sylvanas? i dont know how to think about that

16 Likes

ā€œIā€™m sorry my spell to imbue these life essences into your being burned but be glad you arenā€™t Teldrassil.ā€

18 Likes

Sheā€™s going to replace Bolvar-who hasnā€™t done anything and is basically a steward of the throne- and become the Lich Queen. That way, they can preserve her general role as the Neutral Evil undead faction leader nobody really trusts but is forced to put up with and can find a reason to keep her in the background until they need to trot her out. It also allows them to market her to both Horde and Alliance.

2 Likes

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/392758838891380736/567183661451968562/qLQH5z8OlcSapjq1OXXRfl0LuE7GAbywAheS8Zxb4-8.png?width=720&height=480

apparently genocide is not evil, good to know.

68 Likes

At the same time it might be cool if she becomes the Lich Queen proper and instead of going neutral eventually integrates the remnants of the Scourge under the Forsaken banner. Forsaken keep the Dark Lady and they expand to incorporate other beings who have shared their plight.

Imagine it! Nerubians, Vrykrul, and Sanā€™layn all being brought into the fold. Undercity is never recovered, but instead Naxx proper is parked above Lordaeron as the new home of the new Forsaken.

But itā€™ll clearly never happen.

12 Likes

So are we then to assume her plague-gassing Horde soldiers at the gates to the Undercity was some form of early ā€œresponseā€ to treason that hadnā€™t even happened yet?

11 Likes

Is Sylvanas evil? No.

What an utterly assinine thing to say.

ā€œGenocide is totallly, 100% ok, yā€™all. She has a plan.ā€

48 Likes

But what ifā€¦ Nā€™zoth is too strong for us. And at the end of the day Sylvanas shows up with a certain horn and toots it.

Then ALL those wisps comes outta nowhere and wreck Nā€™zoth.

Thatā€™d be a wild way for Blizz to ā€˜justifyā€™ it. In fact itā€™s so stupid I now accept it as canon.

4 Likes

itā€™s Fixed

12 Likes

There are already millions of the things. Not long ago, Malfurion blocked off nearly an entire zone with them. No genocide required.

7 Likes

Theyā€™ll just tweet Darnassus only had 10% of nelves. Itā€™s how they fixed the genocide of the Orcs.

16 Likes

Yeah, but now we need MORE! /s

Thatā€™s the stupid part of it. If Sylvanas did have a plan that involved Teldrassil then Blizz has a reason they want to eventually push we are forced to accept via some stupid Rule of Cool moment.

Ironically, knowing how much Blizz loves to recycle themes, Nā€™zoth being Archimondeā€™d is a real possibility.

It wouldnt be the first time she read ahead of the script, somehow she knew exactly where nazjatar was and when mama naga was gonna split the sea open.

6 Likes

I meanā€¦ sheā€™s just a voice actress. Canā€™t be all that bright.

1 Like

Iā€™m genuinely hoping that, as a voice actress, and nothing top-tier official, sheā€™s just talking out of her backside, and hasnā€™t semi-spoiled the genuine direction of the plot.

I swear, if they really try to pull off a ā€œFoR tHe GrEaTeR gOoD!!1!ā€ storyline, ontop of genociding a playable raceā€¦

17 Likes

there was the chinese voice actress that said after they dubbed a cg that she felt conflicted and damned the writers, but who knows.

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with genocide. We do it in questing all the time.

23 Likes