Pathfinder Exists Because of Players' Lack of Moderation

Why do you feel the need to post in every flying thread JUST to antagonize people? I’m just curious.

1 Like

This post is a good example of why downvoting is gone now. People used them to silence things they didn’t like and not used for posts that didn’t help.

1 Like

They were for hiding troll posts*

No, they weren’t. They were used to hide posts that weren’t popular. A well thought out, articulate post that went against the grain would be hidden in downvoted. Blizzard agreed and said as much at one point and now they are gone. Let’s be honest, this community isn’t responsible enough to have downvotes.

The concept of exploration and doing questlines is fine.

The timegating of it to extend subs is not only unethical in a subscription based game, it’s a really chicken-poop way of designing your game.

The devs are essentially saying ‘we don’t have any faith that you’ll continue to play’ so we need to string you along. When the data from TBC --> MoP never once showed that once people obtained flight, they quit the game.

2 Likes

No, they very much so were to hide troll posts.

Besides, it’s not so different from flagging abuse.

Read that last sentence in the green text. Or should I assume you are trolling me?

It wasn’t called downvote. It was called disliked and people got their feeling hurt when their opinion was disliked to oblivion. It worked fine.

1 Like

Worked so fine Blizzard took it away. You don’t get to live in your echo chamber any longer and I think that is great. If you want a safe space where you won’t see opinions that will trigger you there are plenty of colleges that will protect you from that. You should check them out.

It was taken away because snowflakes couldn’t handle their opinions being hidden.

Riiiiiight. Blizzard seems to think it was snowflakes that couldn’t handle seeing opinions they didn’t like. Seemed like that to me too.

Seemed like the “dislike” button was working exactly how it was described: dislike. I’m sure many people were running to Blizzard crying that their posts were being buried and it was SO UNFAIR!!! Lol

1 Like

So they have to use Pathfinder as a buffer to give their staff time to create new content while doing their best to keep players engaged.

They don’t have to use Pathfinder. There was WoW before Pathfinder, ten years of it, and the game was just fine.

4 Likes

I’ve wondered about this often. How much does it really cost? If you think about a game like EQ2 or Wildstar where you could go nuts with player housing, or any game that lets you design levels, then you get some idea of what it takes to build stuff.

Basically you have to define the upper edges of the world, which would take a competent designer an afternoon per zone. You’re basically just building walls.

But beyond that what does adding flight really cost? It does slow the game down, without a doubt. But I’d argue that it doesn’t make it that much more expensive to make.

This isn’t about cost to produce. This is about time to consume. Flight makes it way faster, without a doubt. That’s part of why it’s so fun, and so difficult to lose every expansion.

1 Like

Not exactly. Blizzard monitors these things and has a better feel for it than you do. I’m sorry you are being triggered by seeing things you don’t like now. Sounds a lot like a snowflake to me.

No it hasn’t but cool story Bruh.

Triggered? Lol I’m just stating facts. Sorry if that upset you.

1 Like

Exactly. This is also what I always did before I got flying at cap unless the exploration points were out in nowhere.
No flying caused a big backlash and millions dropping their subs at once, with Pathfinder they just slip away slowly. Of cause there are other problems with the game which causes this loss.

1 Like

Your opinion that Blizzard doesn’t share is hardly a fact. You don’t have any clue as to why this feature was removed but you come across pretty pompous so I am done with you. Have a nice day!

Have a nice day :+1: