Patch Release?

Anyone know when the next patch will be released?

Blizzard maybe, but even that isn’t guaranteed.

1 Like

I do not know. I can’t wait for Ashran, I don’t care about mythic mambo jumbo.

Uh… isn’t there that countdown thing going on again somewhere?

It was the twilight cultists before. Isn’t there some new one somewhere?

That countdown thing is for ‘vanilla’.

My best guess is June 24.

Last Tuesday of June. 1 week before FFXIV’s xpack launch and roughly 1 week before the 4th of July (Blizzard won’t be around to fix things then, so they wouldn’t do a July 2nd launch). And it’s a few weeks after ESO’s expansion launch so they can try to pull people back from that.

It’s also ~9 weeks after the PTR for the patch went live, which lines up with what’s come before.

1 Like

I thought it was the same thing and same number of weeks as the other patches.

That countdown goes all the way till the end of August?

If you mean the 77 cycles thing it says in the quest… that was put in is a joke based on people insisting on the 77 day cycle in Legion. 77 cycles would be May 28th, and that is clearly not happening.

8.2 will launch May 28. Of course things can change.

It’s not even been on PTR a month. It’s not going to be May 28th.

I honestly don’t know. I just remember someone referenced it a while back that there was some new countdown somewhere. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Ah, well when we got the most recent Brann questline to do stuff with MOTHER she made reference to 77 cycles and a lot of people (myself included) were like omg patch 8.2 is in 77 days! As it got later and later and later before 8.2 was put on PTR that became less likely, then a while go I read something (Wowhead maybe?) that referenced it being a tongue-and-cheek thing put in by the devs to reference everyone’s Legion theories.

Ah… gotcha. Okay.

1 Like