Patch Notes - Typo on Earth Shield Nerf?

Are the patch notes supposed to say that earth shield is now reduced TO 60% effectiveness (i.e., reduced BY 40%)?

Because I think right now Earth Shield is 70% effective in PvP combat (nerfed by 30%). So nerfing it TO 60% effectiveness (-40%) would be about a 15% nerf from where it is now. Nerfing it BY 60% would almost cut the healing in half since it would go from 70% effective to 40% effective.

Patch Notes:

Elemental
Earth Shield healing is now reduced by 60% in PvP combat (was 70%).
Healing Surge healing is now increased by 20% in PvP combat.
Enhancement
Earth Shield healing is now reduced by 60% in PvP combat (was 70%).
Healing Surge healing is now increased by 4% in PvP combat (was reduced by 13%).

More and more making ES useless and less desirable. I do kinda like the HS buff.

For Resto it’s a small reduction in Earth shield and Healing Stream. Small increase in Healing Surge and Healing Wave.

The elemental/enhancement earth shield notes read rather strangely. It looks like they are buffing it from my perspective.

These changes seem both minor and unnecessary. I don’t believe shaman instant healing is so strong to the point that they need to divert even more healing to casted heals. It’s going to make the spec feel even worse outside of situations you can free cast.

1 Like

The earth shield notes for ele/enh are written wrong I think. I think what they mean to say is that earth shield is being nerfed from 70% effectiveness (which is what it is now) to 60% effectiveness. Which is about a 15% nerf which aligns with the resto nerf.

I think they are nerfing passive healing (healing stream and earth shield) to move some of it over to healing surge.

ES got a 10% buff from this… if it was reduced by 70% in pvp, then it is reduced ONLY by 60% now.

so instead of 1k, it was healing 300 in pvp, now it will heal 400.

I think the patch note is written wrong. I’m pretty sure what’s intended is a nerf from 70% effectiveness to 60% effectiveness.

1 Like