[Patch 9.0] Character not found

This is happening for my husband as well.

Character Not Found still today on Area 52 and Stormrage. Tich is down.

Same issue as well I can choose my server and after the black screen it will show my character but if I attempt to log in it will just get stuck on the loading bar until it fails and then shows an error saying ‘‘character not found’’ please blizzard can you guys get this fix ! this type of stuff shouldn’t be happening I was just playing fine and now this started to happen!

Character not found. Please fix this, I need to level!!! I dont wanna be a scrub level 22 anymooooooorrrreeee.

I guess, you can add me to the list of those affected. All of the characters I’ve tried to log in on Argent Dawn failing to be found.

• Also I figure I might as well include my process in case anything I’m doing is different.
    I log into the game, the realm list takes a long time to load
  • when it does load it shows no characters on any severs.
  • I pick Argent Dawn join anyway.
  • Character list screen is empty (no background image at all).
  • I wait a bit and eventually populates with all my characters and background.
  • I select a character and press “enter world”
  • It tries to load eventually failing with the “Character not found” message we all now know.

Just echoing my previous reply in case anyone did not see it.

WoW team / server engineers are aware and working diligently to get it resolved.

12 Likes

It’s definitely an account issue. I’m a monthly sub person … my son is on a free trial account and he gets in fine. Tries to log in using my account and “character not found.”

Wife logs in just fine on her account (monthly sub).

Me, I’m down and out.

Definitely an account issue.

Yay! Thanks for the reply!

There was a post last night about there being an issue with the Authentication servers. You have an Authenticator?

Started happening to me right after there was an update. I was fine before the update.

This just worked for me, although it seems some are having mixed results. Logged me in immediately. We’ll see if it stays stable.

Sezana

4 posts

86 Troll Druid24165

1h

This just worked for me again (same last night):

On character select screen, select menu → system → graphics and drop your graphics level all the way down to 1.

Several failed attempts, and this worked. Once in game, you can ramp your graphics back up.

Also running into the same problem on Stormrage. Will load my character’s but when I load into one of them, they say character not found.

Day 2 and still no characters found on any server I have played on before. 6 month subscriber. Maybe not anymore…

Thanks, it’s nice to know that you are aware and working on it. Just for the record I’m having the same character not found issue on Thunderhorn.

I tried the dropping graphics all the way down to 1 before trying to log in, I logged right in with no issues. But still does not show the number of characters that I have on Malfurion or Trollbane.

Yeah, none of the jank workarounds do anything for me. Can’t login to any character on any server.

10/10 patch. Fix your game please.

Just saw this thread from Reddit and thought I’d pile on, since I can’t get on to any of my characters on any server.

My server doesn’t even show up…

Yay, it’s Day 2, and I’m back again here… looking for pizza :slight_smile:

so…any solution yet? whereabout to find my characters?

1 Like

Dropping graphics down to 1 worked for me