Patch 8.1 and Cross-Faction Roleplay

…the cynic in me says that by the time it gets implemented in the game, some salthound in charge of transmog and toy restrictions will make it last 3 minutes with a 1 hour cooldown :confused:

It is in underbelly. sold by Fizzi LIverzapper, experimental potions. almost 30 gold for 1 hour. It is the little gnome down in the workshop.

1 Like

It is live right now. 24g per potion, available in the Underbelly, 1 hour duration, no cooldown.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388937865356115985/523251037130457098/Wow_2018-12-14_15-27-11.png

2 Likes

Can we just take a moment to acknowledge how amazing it is that they implemented it this fast? I honestly wasn’t expecting any response to the CrossRP issue for weeks, and within a couple of days Blizzard has actually hotfixed something in to address it.

Sure, it’s not perfect, but this is still a good day.

10 Likes

Thank you Blizzard!

Awwwwwwww YEE. I will gladly sacrifice a bag slot or two to carrying these around like I do with the Inky Black potions!

1 Like

Thank you so much Blizzard! <3

Also: It appears the base cost is 30g but you do get discounts with Kirin Tor rep.

People talk a lot about roleplayers being disregarded in terms of the playerbase, but I can honestly say that it really seems to have turned around in the last couple of years, seen in their response to things like this and turning off sharding on RP realms.

It helps that roleplayers tend to be passionate yet constructive I’m sure, but we’re seriously the cheapest playerbase to provide for while providing the most steady return. Happy roleplayers are subscribers who keep playing through content lulls, because we make our own content. We form the community bonds that they want to encourage. We don’t chomp our way through expensive raid or zone content and demand more. You can toss in a cute pet or transmog and an area with a dance floor every once in a while and we’re golden.

It’s almost like at some point, they realized that. OR…conspiracy theory…

Someone up at the top is a roleplayer :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Probably not unless TRP’s creators are able to do something with the potion, maybe?

Now let’s just add a potion that brings back masterloot and everyone will be happy

I’d lay good money that during his time at the top, Metzen was a big roleplayer. He seems like an oldschool D&D type of guy.

I believe it - I just mainly meant Cross RP users which was under 5000. With the new solution in place I think cross-faction RP will be more widespread throughout the roleplay scene (which has a lot more users overall).

It won’t, but you can still add someone as a BattleTag friend to see their profile. I’m going to be looking into alternate solutions for the next Cross RP version too.

11 Likes

as a current heads up. once you take the potion it seems to last indefinte(havent tried logging or dying) but even with the debuffing you can still undertand ppl.

also please please please PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE do not harass ppl guys. blizz couldve left us up craps creek but they didn’t ,please dont ruin this.

4 Likes

Yes. PLEASE. Please don’t prove that we can’t be trusted with nice things.

2 Likes

Honestly if we find people using it to harass, mass block and report SHOULD be done. The more people that report problem makes, the more blizzard will notice, and hopefully realize that the majority of us are capable of mild self-policing and calling out the nasty people.

Has anyone tested if they’re unavailable in BGs yet? That’s probably where the most abuse will happen, and where we need to make sure the potion is blocked.

4 Likes

i’m headed to GS with wm on to test, will try dueling to see…same functions,right? for language barrier

Note that the potion is entirely on your side. You can comprehend the other language, but you cannot speak it.

So say I’m talking to a human. We both have potions. I speak in Orcish and the human understands me. The human speaks in Common and I understand them.

Now the human says nasty things about my ancestors, so I decide I don’t want to talk to them. Even if ignore and reports don’t work because of faction weirdness (they should be enabled, tbh, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that takes longer to do), I can simply dismiss my potion buff. Now they can talk in Common as much as they want, but I cannot hear any of it.

The potion is designed as the same sort of opt-in feature that CrossRP itself was.

3 Likes

ESO has 3 factions, and players can join the same guild on any of those 3 factions and can communicate with each other without any issue at all. And as far as I am aware there has never been a problem with that.

I cannot understand why it can’t work in WoW as well. Obviously guilds in WoW aren’t set up to work that way, but Communities would be an ideal way of facilitating cross-faction communication. I would have thought it would have been an option that could be chosen in a Community. Why it isn’t is frankly perplexing. Do the words “Role Playing” in MMORPG not actually mean anything at all?

:australia:

Blizzard is far from perfect, but I am thankful that they listened to the RP community and provided us this opt-in way to once again interact with our friends on the other side.

Now, since I can’t try it for myself just yet: does it work with emotes, too? If not, that should be added.

“The walls they kept between us to exact the work of war have been crumbled and are gone forevermore.”

– Eric Bogle, “Christmas in the Trenches”