Patch 8.1 and Cross-Faction Roleplay

HOLY SMOKES. Blizzard is able to be cool?

2 Likes

Honestly thatā€™s kinda okay? More gold sinks is better, at least in my opinion.

The fact that they listened to us is wonderful, and maybe the potion will be temporary, and theyā€™ll make a questline or something else later.

Its a hotfix, after all.

5 Likes

When the Inky Black Potion came out I bought 2000 of them on two different characters on the first day. As long as the price is about the same for this one, Iā€™ll be doing this for the new potion, too.

3 Likes

Saaame my dudeā€¦ gonna fill another three rows of guild bank with THESE darlings.

Now if only cross server rp was more available so i can hang with all the chill gnomes againā€¦

2 Likes

Soā€¦ Iā€™m not watching the Q&A but Iā€™m assuming Blizzard just said theyā€™re putting in a consumable items which will allow for cross-faction communication?

Is this correct?

You guys sure itā€™s not an accident or an oversight?

1 Like

Ion stated that the reason for it breaking was unintentional; they were trying to put a better grip on the API so that malicious people couldnā€™t abuse privacy in the system.

Following that, he discussed the concept of willful consent and its benefits for an RP community and while they look at other fixes for the API being locked (because it affected a lot of other addons), heā€™s introducing a potion similar to the Inky Black one.

8 Likes

Well I guess that settles it then.

A potion huh? I wonder if it will be like Inky Black.

1 Like

Ion said ā€œLike the inky blackā€ exactly haha.

you drink it and youā€™ll be able to understand the other faction. Theyā€™ll only be able to understand if they likwise opt in and drink one themselves.

my only ā€œworryā€ is if it will affect /e or just /s like current pandaren etc talking. Still, iā€™ll take just /s over nothing!!

8 Likes

Itā€™s nice to see them offering a solution while they work on the API instead of just letting it go until they sort out the API.

Thanks Blizz.

2 Likes

He suggested it may be a Dalaran underbelly elixer or something. Didntā€™ sound like they totally have it 100% fleshed out, but are ironing out the exact details to deliver the hotfix this weekend or early next week. That was his timeline.

Blizzard!!! You havenā€™t been doing that great lately, and a LOT of trust has been lostā€¦ but the fact you were willing to admit you caused an oppsie and are willing to fix it this quickly starts the path of healing and regaining trust. Please, keep things like this up.

5 Likes

Actually, they literally patched in Pandaren being able to talk to one another in Legion, so it was an intentional choice on their part.

4 Likes

True. I remember not being able to talk to alliance pandaren on my pandaren in pandaria.

1 Like

Thank you, Blizz, for the solution, for listening to the RP part of your community, and addressing this so quickly! This is a great step toward boosting the communication, which you stressed you were working to improve, at the start of the Twitch feed.

11 Likes

blizzard, please please please make the potion last -AT LEAST- 1hr and translate :
Say
yell
Emote
these are the top 3 things cross rp was used for.

11 Likes

Really hope the potion works for emotes as well.

7 Likes

Also as promised from discord:

I am sorry that I believed you guys wouldnā€™t even address it all. even if the potion doesnt turn out exactly as I hope, you did answer the question, and as the 3rd one in the QnA at that, so thank you for talking to us.

4 Likes

I just want to point out that Blizzard just addressed a very small subset of their playerbase, just to show they care, and thatā€™s very generous of them (considering how much other things they have to address).

Iā€™m glad to hear that theyā€™re for cross-faction chat (upon consent), as that makes it feel more comforting to invest more into further addon solutions.

I just really hope the elixirs translate /e too. If chat and emotes are out of the way, profile transferring is the easy part. :ok_hand:

28 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear that it was addressed in the Q&A - while I admit I was doubtful that it was an accident, Iā€™m definitely glad to see I was wrong, too.

I just hope that the item translates -all- communication. Iā€™d be surprised if it didnā€™t, but it could be an oversight. Also I hope that they donā€™t make itā€¦ -too-, expensive, but weā€™ll see on that.

5 Likes

Thank you for making the addon, Tammyā€¦ RP has changed because of it and now weā€™ll be getting a potion in game for Horde/Alliance interactions. :raised_hands:

15 Likes