Patch 8.1 and Cross-Faction Roleplay

While this is true, cross-faction communication enhances, rather than detracts, from RP-PvP. People have spent a lot of time and effort on more and more immersive ways to provide it. Back in late Cata even - the era of Teamspeak and Vent for guilds - we had people using those platforms or realID and battletag whispers to allow us to craft a story that involved both sides.

3 Likes

Exactly. Events and a playstyle like this are enhanced by being able to communicate cross-faction, and in fact the barrier can be an impediment to them. So this is not and has never been a “roleplayers vs. PvPers” issue, despite how some folks always try to spin it for some reason.

3 Likes

I’m sad they took it away and sad as well they took away the /whistle that was so beloved by roleplayers as well. It’s pretty ridiculous that they want to stamp out such fun and innovative things.

1. Not all characters will feel this racism. Many characters (including my own) have actually expressed remorse for the actions Sylvannus’ horde has taken in this conflict.

2. Not all PLAYERS enjoy this sort of event. Only ONE of my characters out of the fifteen I have would participate in one such as this, and I personally dont find raw pvp enjoyable anymore. Many of my friends feel the same.

3a. Some friends have characters that are the opposite faction that would be fun to interact with ON THAT CHARACTER. Good example I can give personally, my troll interacting with my BFFs night elf, since both are druids and feel strongly that the tree burning is HORRIBLE and WRONG.

3b. “Fun stuff” can also qualify as cross faction interaction. Something many people in this thread find entertaining, and wish to have that option again.

3c. Not everyone enjoys being in Silvermoon. I personally cannot stand the textures and color saturation, and go out of my way to avoid it, to the point of walking the 2 belf characters I have made to level in other starting zones to AVOID silvermoon and everything around it.

Also an extended point, not everyone who is peaceful likes The Beatles, some of us prefer alt!pop while we hippie it up :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: another extended point, having cross-rp never stopped me from PVPing. In fact, it found me more friends that convince me to Q for battlegrounds than before, despite the fact that i honestly havnt found the raw experience of pvp entertaining since pandaria.

1 Like

The way I see it, with #1, it’s only enhanced if you can talk to the enemy, and it’s not because of literal talking, it’s action too; like if you come across a stinky orc, you can literally try to engage in some harsh/violent RP towards them, if not straight up emoting trying to kill them.

#2, RP-PVP has those moments where the leaders declare terms of war on the battlefield, and it’s a bit of a hassle to do this through Discord and such. It might only be strict PVP against the enemy faction in most circumstances, but what cross-faction chat does is adds a bit of convenience at the out-of-character level.

For #3, that sounds fun, and it’s honestly a good argument against cross-faction chat, as when you’re in a city, there’s a small line between warmode and not, because it’s basically a crowded hostile area regardless.

2 Likes

That’s only an example bud, not a follow to the rule suggestion.

That’s why points 3a and 3b exist.

I responded to all three points.

Only suggestions, don’t need to dissect it like it’s an opposing argument, mate.

Huh. Weird. I only see your comment about 3c. -shrug-

How very strange…

It’s still bullet point 3, but it’s all semantics. Carry on.

715 messages and no blue…tad frustrating.

3 Likes

All we can do is keep at it and hope they listen eventually.

3 Likes

I really would not expect a blue response in this thread, or within the next few days. This is something the actual developers are going to have to deal with, and there’s going to be an inevitable lag between community personnel finding this is an issue for players, relating it to the devs, and getting a response.

Do keep at it, though! Blizzard isn’t oblivious to constructive input. I think this is a very good thread, striking the right balance of making it clear this is an important issue to many of us while remaining pretty polite and constructive in tone. That’s exactly the best way to get their attention, I think.

But it’s going to take some patience and perseverance.

6 Likes

Then I suppose we have to stay vocal about it. Will be a true shame to see these interactions die off. Or rather become even more of a hassle again.
Hopefully it is even addressed in the Q&A tomorrow.

1 Like

Amending this, but not editing the post.

A suggestion for a group of friends, or guildies from the perspective of Horde would be hatch a heist for Old Ironforge, and seek to steal what remains of the ritual that turned Magni into a Diamond Dwarf in hopes that it’ll give some insight related to Azerite, or something else.

1 Like

It is poopy, but it makes it more likely that this was not an intentional thing. I seriously doubt Blizzard launched a full-scale chat addon shut down and didn’t even address it. Not to mention there’d be no reason for it.

cautious hopefulness intensifies

3 Likes

Gonna be my last post for the night but I’ll be watching the Q&A hoping for some answers- even if we don’t get one, keep on voicing your support for Cross RP and Tammy’s hard work!

5 Likes

I … just …
If you’re doing PVPRP and don’t want the other side to see your stuff, don’t have crossrp enabled? Don’t install crossrp and suddenly you’re still playing the same game with the same people you were before and roleplaying out while doing game things like pvp and raids and whatnot.

I’m struggling to see how pvprp is affected in any way by this addon.

7 Likes

:mage:

YOU SHALL BE BUMPED!

keeping this fresh, also, where would I post to ask about CRP in the upcoming QnA?

3 Likes

Bumping. Seriously Blizzard. Just let us have this.

3 Likes