Patch 1.13.7 Today

The cost of character copy is a very related subject and is not addressed in the aforementioned

Nor is it addressed in the Frequently Asked Questions link.

If you feel that’s unrelated, who cares? Keep it to yourself. People still want to know.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4: :woman_facepalming:t4: :man_facepalming:t4:

Bump because I would like some insight towards what makes Seal Twisting worth preserving but not other batching-reliant gameplay interactions?

As long as you execute vanish as the ability executes you will be fine. (assuming vanish is not bugged)

FYI your support page for the Classic Era realms says it will be on patch 1.13.6. I’m sure this is an error right?

The window for doing this is now 40x smaller on average though, yes?

Effectively in “Classic” (Not actual Vanilla) you could “Vanish” after the effect. That was never authentic.

I will be doing some PVE and PVP testing of Vanish later tho, I know very well how it reacted to spells in the original game (actual vanilla TBC and wrath) and how it reacted in Classic (different in some ways)

You’re acting like we all owe you money. Are you okay?

Couchy

Whahuh?

Also you don’t have to sign your posts. We can uhh see who’s posting…

I dunno man, you just seem pretty angry over some pretty harmless questions.

Couchy

Seems like you’re projecting?

You might also just be insane…

No man, an objective parse of your posts reads a lot of anger.

Couchy

ETA: your name calling that you edited in serves as a perfect example.

Not really… An objective “parse of your posts” reads kinda of like a crazy person…

Do you regularly make fun of people who you perceive as having mental illness?

Couchy

Yea I’m out on this one

Enjoy the rest of your day, dudemar.

Couchy

Yea, its like a AMNothing or sumthin. Tss.

Can you elaborate please?

The reason I ask is that nobody outside of Blizzard has played actual Vanilla (meaning vanilla client and vanilla server) for well over a decade because even though pservers use a 1.12 client they are based on wrath servers with vanilla data. Meaning anything server side (like how spells are resolved) on pservers is not authentic.

1 Like

They’re semi authentic because they’re built on a TBC / Wrath era copy of the server side using a real client. Vanish did not change until Cata and the private servers were very well established for Classic even in TBC, though they did have quite a few really nasty bugs in terms of paladin seals, spell damage coefficients and mostly boss scripting. Rogue mechanics however work on private servers very much like TBC / Wrath, and in terms of Vanish, private servers are spot on… (well the good ones are).

There are also quite a lot of Vanilla, TBC and Wrath videos that you can compare Vanish VS its present version.

Reason being that TBC, Vanilla and Wrath are acceptable for this is simply because the spell did not change in function from 1.1.0 to 4.x

Continuing to do testing and things feel REAL good. I can so far reliably vanish coil and frost bolt as well as numerous other range abilities. So far I have not been able to vanish HoJ or other similar instant CC but have not really been in the situation to get HoJ’d and ill have to set my self up for it to try.

And you’re technically 100% right, there is no way for the private servers to be truly accurate in terms of how they resolve spells. The only thing they can actually do is emulate the original effect.

Further testing, the “Batch” padding that existed before is definately gone, you cant vanish and then count on a roughly amounted to Zero to 1.5 sec of immunity like was very much a thing for “Classic” 1.13.

In some ways vanish feels more responsive and accurate to what I remember, and its like a win and a loss at the same time in a way. Ill continue testing.

Additional testing VS other rogues I see that Vanish does not apply the “Vanish” Buff immediately, its got maybe a .25 sec Delay between when the rogue uses “Vanish” and when he’s not able to be seen any more.