Past Blizzcon Pets

Allow players who purchase 2019 Blizzcon tickets or the digital pass to then purchase at pet store prices each (US$20) all past Blizzcon pets. Then have an achievement for having collected all those pet, give a free pet as a reward (e.g. the Wizard’s Crow) BUT for those loyal and longtime players who already have all (or maybe a high percentage of those pets) make it an Alabaster Wizard’s Crow (non-tradeable) and award it prior to the store release of the pets. With the store release of the pets, make that a legacy achievement such those legendary collectors will get the enduring recognition they deserve. You could make the store release of the past Blizzcon pets a limited (to Blizzcon) time offer.

Am I clear? If you already have all or most of the past Blizzcon pets you and only you get the Alabaster Wizard’s Crow. If you aren’t one of that select few you get the Wizard’s Crow when you buy all the past Blizzon pets once they’re released. (It might be a bit of a programming nightmare to limit a player only an Alabaster Wizard’s Crow or just the Wizard’s Crow but consider that, otherwise give the loyal and longtime collectors both. It will make them happier, okay, less unhappy.) The loyal and longtime collectors get the enduring recognition they deserve and the rest of us get those pets for our collections. It is a win/win situation. Think of the money you’ll make.

I’d be happy to discuss this with someone to help flesh out the idea.

1 Like

You will need to evolve your idea to incorporate the hard rule they have on achievements that no achievements require any monetary purchase besides the expansions and a sub fee.

I don’t really understand what you mean exactly but it sounds like an awful idea
sounds like you’re a guy bummed out that you didn’t buy old blizzcon pets
you’re sool, should’ve bought them when you had the chance… nothing wrong with missing out on a handful of pets
rewarding players simply for throwing a few hundred bucks at the game is also really silly

so I’m going with a big nope on this one, sorry chief

1 Like

Admit we’re glad we’ve been playing for a while and had some extra cash to blow on Blizzcon pets over a few years. Also sorry we didn’t get into it early, with the pets that now go for really ridiculous prices on eBay. But hey, that’s how it works. As annoyed as I get with Blizzard some days – like the damn stuck-in-combat thing – respect them bigtime for telling us this is a one time opportunity and keeping it a one time opportunity.

You weren’t playing, or didn’t bother to buy a Blizzcon virtual pass at the time, you’re out of luck. Way it should be.

1 Like

I’d be delighted to be given the opportunity to obtain the pets I missed out on because I didn’t start playing until late Cataclysm. However The OP’s idea of not only having all past Blizzcon pets given to everyone who buys the current Blizzcon ticket, but then giving people both an achievement and a reward for having them, is too much of a gimme.

What I’d like to see is a new questline added each month or two, in older areas to make less used areas useful again, with the reward for each being a similar pet, (not the same pet, leave unobtainables unobtainable,) to a no longer obtainable pet.

This adds content that can stay relevant; also giving players who start playing or collecting in future years an opportunity to get these similar pets, not just players who were here for this Blizzcon.

Just no.

I don’t need to see 500 Murkalots in the PvP queue.

2 Likes

The problem with a hard “no” on this is that Blizzard already broke their own rule. This vague “it’s ok for thing to be rare” statement they initially stood behind.

I’m fine with the idea, except that they’re not consistent with it. Too many things that should NEVER have been put in the BMAH… have. There’s no excuse for that.

And once you break that rule, it now becomes open to discussion.

So do I think that past Blizzcon pets/mounts should be available ALL the time? No.

Should they be available, say, every year at Blizzcom? A better idea to reinforce the anniversary celebration that is Blizzcon, but I would still say no.

For me, the only thing that seems reasonable is a “milestone” year, like 5 or certainly 10. But to celebrate certain 5 year milestones by making old things available for an extremely short, 1 week period? I really don’t see the harm in that.

The Swift Zulian Tiger has been made more available than that. And from where I’m sitting, you can’t allow one without the other.

2 Likes

The BMAH only adds one - total - of a particular rare item per server, once every two or three months (however often it shows up there). This is a tiny source of new rare items, likely not even enough to keep up with people leaving the game. You can’t really compare it with the mass influx handing them out to tens of thousands of people at Blizzcon.

Yes I can, and I do. Just as you can’t estimate how many people give a toss about some Blizzcon pet. You know it’s objectively true that MOST people don’t bother with pet battles. The next layer is that MOST people aren’t going to spend real money on a digital pet. The next layer after that is that MOST people aren’t going to care about a Blizzcon pet being “rare” or not.

Blizzcon pets don’t register any more of a blip than rare BMAH items.

You’re really taking on two different arguments. One is ABSOLUTELY refuted. The amount of which doesn’t matter, it either is or it isn’t.

The other needs to be addressed by: how would it really affect anything??? So you want to be the only fancy lad riding your Swift Zulian Tiger, and if some slob bought it off the BMAH, it takes away your shiny special thing?

Frankly, you’re better off standing on a soap box about people that pay for Mythic runs to get those rare mounts. There’s far more of that going on in today’s WoW.

I mean, that is part of it. But when part of my argument is to only allow it every 5 years, you’re not going to convince me that’s going to destroy some rare moment. As you even said, more people that have these rare items probably LEAVE in 5 years than would buy the news ones because MOST PEOPLE DON’T GIVE A TOSS.