Password reset by itself every 3 days!

does anyone already experienced this kind of problem?
scan virus and there is none,
reinstall windows , problem wont go away…
im confused right now, whats wrong with my battlenet account.

1 Like

Some other site you probably used the password for most likely leaked information and people are issuing password resets. If you don’t already, get an authenticator and attach it to your account, most account compromises has this happen to them and then it opens a whole other can of worms.

1 Like

Contact support. That happened with me on another site and it had something to do with their security software. They had to tweak an internal setting.

:cookie:

2 Likes

i never use my battlenet email to login on other website or register any kind of account… right now im trying to change the email address, hopefully it will work while looking for more details here.

1 Like

It was changing your password for you? I can understand prompting a password change but any time your password is changed that is a huge security concern, not something their software should ever be doing unless a password reset is issued.

nope, blizzard reset my password every 3 days…
its like automate from the system.
i must verify and change the password again and again…

It is just far more likely that they are either A. your password is short enough to be guessed, can be derived from your email address/facebook data (Remember, the longer the password is the better, should be using passphrases really and not passwords, a good minimum length is 12 characters), or B. a site was breached and that password was used somewhere else, and it has been linked to that email address. There have been so many leaks it is always standard procedure to just assume any time you get a password reset prompt that the data has been leaked from another site. I sincerely doubt someone at Blizzard is going in and changing your password.

Changing your email is a good step, just make sure you have some way to recover it, very often people will churn out new e-mail addresses in the name of security and then forget the password and have no way to reset it. Make sure you also aren’t reusing the password anywhere else. I know it’s a pain, but you will save yourself a lot of hassle. Your phone has a password manager on it most likely, there are also other third party options out there, if you feel you will forget having a different password for every site.

1 Like

How are you getting this prompt? Is it when you login to the Battle.net app? Or is it from an e-mail?

1 Like

It was forcing a password reset every 3rd-4th time I would log into the site. I would have to then choose a new password and go through the multi step verification process. It was a pain in the butt.

:cookie:

my password have Uppercase, number, and special character such as
( !@#$%^&*` )

battlenet isn’t case sensitive :stuck_out_tongue:

never has been.

if you don’t have an authenticator, get one.

and scan for malware, virus software scans for viruses, not malware.

1 Like

from Email,
when ever it reset without me knowing it.
i login to Bnet and it said we couldn find this account information, thats mean the system already reset my password.
i didnt even request it.

Been said, but I’ll reiterate…get the Authenticator app!! Its free!! Ive had an authenticator since it was a thing. Still have the actual physical one from back in the day. Havent had an issue, ever.

already did bro,
using malwarebytes, also Bitdefender for other virus.
it still happen again, then i try to reinstall windows…
i thought this will solve the problem, but it back again…

Get the mobile authenticator, its free.

I’ve played over many years and never heard of Blizzard resetting account holders passwords.That sounds like you may have an issue with malware,spyware,a hack maybe.

If you don’t have an authenticator, your account will be compromised. I have had zero issues with the authenticator but without it blizzard security is basically wet tissue paper.

Someone might be set up to have their email be a backup for your email account. If they have your email, or phone, they can reset. But it would be odd if blizzard is resetting like you and grumbles say.

It could be someone knows your e-mail address and is fishing the password. My wife got a reset password when I tried to log into her account for some reason. I think it gives you three attempts then resets.

Just to be sure, Is Battlenet/WoW prompting a password change from you, or are these emails?

If they are emails possibly fake, but if your password is hard resetting and you are having trouble logging in I would:

A. Get in touch with CS
B. Change your information again
C. Review what information is in your account and who might know it.

Hypothetically speaking, someone “could” have stolen ID and is convincing enough to prompt CS people to trigger a reset.

It could also be a major fluke with the system somehow, so again get in touch with CS.

1 Like

I wonder if it is someone that is trying to use the “I lost my password” feature to hijack your account?