Parsing Meme Specs |Blood |Ret |Smite | Fury

Ret paladin is a meme spec and below Blood DK DPS, but has anyone tried to parse as Smite?

Blood > Ret > Fury

Need more data, but pretty sure Blood > Smite > Ret > Fury.

Link me logs of dk tanks doing more dps than good rets

1 Like

That’s a good joke!

Just becauss the class sucks doesnt mean someone cant be good at a sucky class :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The draw for rets to be heavy role-playing/Fedora wearing complainers irl means that regardless of how good they are at the spec, they are all bad.

3 Likes

Ret isn’t a meme spec its just the lowest dps. Its more than functional for any raid encounter.

My blood dps spec will reign supreme when I have 100% armor pen!

4 Likes

If you incorporate properly utilized Unholy Frenzy casts into the Blood DK (Runeblade on WCL, most of the time, it’s buggy and includes UH DK’s sometimes) DPS parse, they’re ahead of Rets by a bit.

Unholy Frenzy can be around 800 DPS on short fights when cast on a good Feral. It should be counted on logs for the DK but they list it as a separate entity. Even without including UF, the highest Blood (Runeblade) DK on Noth is 500 DPS ahead of the highest Ret.

EDIT: Yeah, if you include UF it looks like Blood DK’s are ahead of Rets on almost every single fight. 8,100 DPS on Maexxna compared to 7,200 Ret without including UF…

Both warrior spec’s are below them though? Also Sub, BM, and Frost are technically DPS spec’s.

So no, they aren’t the lowest DPS.

They are the gate keeper between real spec’s and no invite specs.

EDIT: Yeah, if you include UF it looks like Blood DK’s are ahead of Rets on almost every single fight. 8,100 DPS on Maexxna compared to 7,200 Ret without including UF…

Top Ret parse on Maexxna it is 7.2, Blood is 6.9k

If you’re gonna lie, at least make it not super easily to check.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmmm

300 DPS is the gap between meme and not!? Haha

But doesn’t that mean warrior is meme and blood is legit DPS then!?

This is only because WCL filters out Unholy Frenzy. They contribute more than 6.9k but it doesn’t count because WCL opted for the worst possible implementation. If you go add in the Unholy Frenzies it boosts them to 200-300 DPS to above Ret.

1 Like

The issue is, single role classes (ie hunters, rogues, mages, warlocks) have options for both good performance in pve as well as pvp.

Hybrid classes like DKs, Druids, Shamans can tank, heal and dps fairly well.
Warriors are the only hybrid class that underperforms in dps like a ret, BUT will start getting significantly better phase 2 onwards before becoming one of the top dps towards the end, whereas ret will get worse and stay like that until the very end of the expansion when only after a tier set bonus, they will go back to being a middle of the pack dps.

Why post if you’re absolutely clueless?

That’s twice in 24 hours I’ve been called a liar by two different people who have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/1015#boss=101116&class=DeathKnight&spec=Runeblade

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/1015#boss=101116&class=Paladin&spec=Retribution

1 Like

Brings buffs too.

I got 9,900 dps tonight on thaddius, thats better than a lot of people get on meta classes. Ret isnt like great or anything, but its definitely passable dmg

1 Like

Sorry those are all pvp specs thats why I didn’t think about them.

1 Like

Blood only gets better and better…

Ret peaked in Phase 1, and meme specs are about to pass it. haha

Second alt is a smite priest, my main is a ret. On fights where I pull around 5.5-5.9k on my ret, 4k is the peak on my smite priest. So I wouldn’t go that far, lol.