"Parsing" in Wotlk? Cata?

The reason modern WoW is less toxic and tryhard despite the top end content being substantially more difficult than Classic, is because of the attitude fostered by the Classic fanbase from the very beginning.

“Retail is Disney”
“Retail participation trophies”
“Retail is for kids who don’t want to put effort into anything”

There were even people claiming Classic Ragnaros was going to be as difficult as Modern Mythic raid bosses:

and stuff like this:

Inflated egos, sense of superiority, etc.

2 Likes

I hope my insight helps.

Here is my demographic, stature, whatnot

I am a new WoW player in his mid thirties.

This means I’m by means new to the idea or concepts of parsing but am also new to having been immediately subjected to this particular brand of parsing.

I am the worst DPS in my party, aside from the healer who surpasses my healing by thousands. I AM getting better, though.

My personal perspective is parsing and add-ons like details! can be a blessing and a curse.

Let me answer your question FIRST.

PERIODICALLY you will find that ONE or two guys in the party who care in WotLK.

It shouldn’t affect your experience BUT periodically it will. So just be aware that, yes, there are SOME.

That being said, and remember this is coming from the perspective of a noob shadow priest who is objectively BAD at DPS, nine out of ten times no one will say anything and, if they do, it’s not the end of the world.

I keep an eye on my DPS for personal development. I don’t actively judge others and luckily my personality type dictates that I probably never will as it takes a lot of work and dedication for me so I have immense respect for those who do well and I also have a large amount of respect for those who do worse than I do but are still trying.

I just don’t like AFK people or people who chastise others without intended to impart wisdom or insight on how to grow.

1 Like

Good job, at least you’re trying. To me that takes guts. I probably wont even get into a gamma dungeon cuz I’m afraid of being called out for being terrible.

Was hoping I would be brave enought to give max level content a shot the second time around because Lich King was really the only end game (dungeons/raids) I cared about. Guess not :expressionless:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.