Papi Butterfly

I got Papi tonight had goggles on used net and got buff during fight had flitter out.

I hear that people are starting to see these drop. Is there any secret for getting them to drop or did blizz fix the drop rate?

Finally got Papi today ā€¦no use of gogglesā€¦no use of netā€¦no bee pet outā€¦

4 Likes

I agree this was not dropping at all from high count waves and now suddenly is. There was a fix done and not mentioned LOL

As of yesterday I just looted a 2nd Papi petā€¦both drops were on the Island Bee Event for some reasonā€¦but I have seen Papi drop at other locations if I remember correctlyā€¦it could be he only drops from the Island Event which is at coords 32,32. As this pet refers too Papillon and Devilā€™s Island.

Is Papi available for both Alliance and Horde?

Yes all 3 are. Horde canā€™t loot jellies but they can get the pets and glyphs from participating in the bee events and killing Honey Smasher. Papi and Sunsoaked Flitter are from the event, Crimson Skipper drops from Smasher.

And all three can be found on the AH.

1 Like

I have been running the bee events non stop on several characters since the launch of the faction and I have seen it drop but have yet to get one myself. I donā€™t buy that is drops more frequently now. I am sure not going to pay 750k gold for one on the AHā€¦If they are easy drops there should be no reason the should be selling over 50k on any server. All servers I have characters on to get pets I check the AH and they are all over 500kā€¦

It almost certainly was bugged/ā€œNYIā€ before. The attempts had to be in the hundreds of thousands if not millions - we wouldā€™ve been seeing it within the first week if it dropped. This is definitely not the first time Bliz has screwed up with rare drops.

And it is quite rare (it is a purple butterfly, after all), but weā€™re at the point now where it can only go down in price. In a short while people will be regularly running the event up into the 20s, and after the next expansion I imagine itā€™ll be easily soloā€™d well past that point. Itā€™ll probably always catch a tidy sum, but I would certainly not touch it now unless youā€™re filthy rich or really impatient.

1 Like

My biggest fear is that next patch it will not be cageable. Blizz did that with the Wondrous Wisdomball and Iā€™m still chasing that one.

I donā€™t see Blizzard making Papi uncageable at any point tbh. Itā€™s a random drop from an open-world event (rare event). It should be treated like any other RNG, rare mob/event drop.

The Wisdomball, on the other hand, was a personal drop from an emissary reward. I think it was originally meant to be untradeable, but the item that teaches you the pet was overlooked and not properly flagged as BoP. The pet, once it was in your journal, was the correct binding (BoP, not cageable).

Saw several drops after wave 20.

Iā€™m wondering if Papi only drops during certain time periods or has a drop rotation linked to the calendar? I saw lots of people getting Papi last week, but I havenā€™t seen any drop since the Tuesday reset. Any thoughts on this?