[ UPDATED for 2023 event! ]
Om Nom Noodles is hosting our annual Pandaren Mid-Autumn Festival (an IRL Chinese festival). This is a public, cross-faction event in which all races are welcome to enjoy this cultural celebration.
The festival celebrates harvest, family, friendships, and hopes for the future.
WHAT: Pandaren Mid-Autumn Harvest Festival
WHEN: Wednesday, September 27th, at 8p realm time
WHERE: meet at Halfhill, Valley of Four Winds (WM off)
The main event will happen down the road in the Heartland.
- Lanterns lit and sent skyward…you can buy one in Timeless Isle for 7,500 timeless coins (https://www.wowhead.com/item=104332/sky-lantern)
- Traditional Tea Ceremony
- Festival Foods, Sweets, and Drinks. (Love those mooncakes! )
- Cooking Contest (for an Art Commission Prize), Games, Music, Arts and Crafts
*** Cooking Contest … (‘Chopped’ style. Participants are given 3 secret ingredients they must use to prepare a dish within 30 minutes…5 to plan, 25 to emote cooking for judges…and the judges will determine winner based on cooking emote details and final dish descriptions.)
- Interactive Improv Comedy Show
- Musical Fireworks Finale
- Elixir of Tongues… please bring at least 3 per person
- Warmode Off
- Lantern Pet (for aesthetics, we recommend the Sky Lantern mentioned above, bought on Timeless Isle. But any lantern pet will work.)
- 1 Star Lantern consumable so we can all send up lanterns together when we reach the festival site. (Om Nom will help provide the Star Lanterns if you don’t have any.)
- Festival Clothes (such as Festival Dresses/Suits from Lunar New Year holiday. Not required, per se, but it fits the event style!)
Join for details, maps, discussion, etc.
https: //discord. gg/SGUt4qWkvf
(^^ No spaces)
This is a neutral, public event to which everyone is welcome. Hope to see you there.