Pally macro help

I’ve been messing around with macros lately, and have been trying to use them to condense my U.I. as much as possible. My most recent venture is an interrupt macro. My intent is for the unmodded keypress to cast rebuke, for it to cast rebuke on mouseover when I hold shift, and, if I hold alt, to cast hammer of justice on my target or, if my target is friendly, the target of my target. Currently it looks something like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Rebuke
/cast [mod:shift, @mouseover, exists, harm] [] Rebuke
/cast [mod:alt, @target, exists, harm][harm][@targettarget, exists, harm] [] Hammet of Justice

I’ll update the line when I get home, however for the most part this works. Pressing the keybind casts Rebuke, holding shift casts Rebuke at mouseover, and HoJ casts on my target if not the target of my target. The issue is the alt modifier isn’t doing anything. If I hold alt it shows the HoJ tooltip however pressing the keybind not only casts Rebuke but HoJ at the same time.

I’m trying to figure out what mistake I might be making here. Any help would be appreciated!

[this, and this]
[this] [or this]
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,harm] [mod:alt,@targettarget,harm,nodead] [mod:alt] Hammer of Justice; [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Rebuke
1 Like

the macro will proc at the first true statement
[] means like normal, so its redundant with [nomod]
also [harm] implies exists

Elvenbane included [nodead] which helps to prevent the spell from going off but doing nothing if the target is dead.

Appreciate the explanation. Just started making complicated macros a couple days ago so a lot of it doesn’t make perfect sense.

check out the pinned thread

Macros: Essential Information

1 Like