@ Paladins

Even if I had to pay for the riding skill, still worth not risking a holy lock… That’s the only spell school paladin has right?

It is. It really only applies to endgame, anyway.

Just off the top of my head, the razorgore exploit lasted a while. some people were banned, others were not. It was neither immediate nor far reaching.

There were a great many bugs that were not fixed during vanilla. The bottom line is that it was not intended, and it required server lag to work. I miss having you blocked. I do not miss your nonsensical arguments.

I love to PVP, so the regular mount is going to be worth the investment. Spell lockouts in Vanilla are no joke… This is not modern WoW where we all enjoy EZ mode…

Okay, but unless a Rogue or a Warrior is sitting on you when you’re casting it (and you won’t be because you’ll be in combat), it won’t matter until endgame when the Mages in PvP spec have Imp. CS.

improve CS is not so bad, only lasts… like what…?? a few sec…

It’s the hard lock from the standard CS that I learned to actually fear, the blanket silence from the improved CS is powerful, but dear god… the long lockout from a well timed standard CS = death…

Found that out and learned the hard way in TBC on my priest…

How often do you expect to run into this, in comparison to the amount of gold you’d save? I mean you can easily also get a mount, but you shouldn’t feel like you’re in danger without it.

Seal Twisting was NOT intended yet it became the defacto DPS rotation for Blood Elf Paladins over the entirety of TBC and finally open to Alliance Paladins in LK but only until patch 3.1

BWL was released in patch 1.6 and Razorgore being DI’d wasn’t hotfixed for a while but the forums were littered with Blue posts advising against using it as it would lead to a suspension/ban for your guild if you were caught.

Poster: Sporcy at 6/4/2006 6:35:10 AM PDT
Subject: Divine Intervention Exploit on Razorgore
http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-customer-service/39177.htm

Kiting Broodlord to Vael’s room was the same situation. Sure you could do it, but if you got caught then GG.

https://www.method.gg/vanilla-boss-exploits-by-eoy

Compared to Seal Twisting not only being in the game from patch
1.11 > 1.12 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.3 > 2.4 > 3.0 > 3.1
but quite literally ZERO Paladins being suspended/banned for using the mechanic.

Well one is exploiting to make a raid mechanic negligible, while the other is a clever use of spells and mechanics to make a DPS rotation… right? It’s like Hunters with FD + trinket swapping, or using clipped vs. full auto rotation.

exactly - yet he is lumping them into the same category lol

Yeah I don’t know why. It’s not the same thing.

cuz he’s clearly a Vanilla WoW “expert”

:stuck_out_tongue:

This is correct. You can do the quest for your epic mount, and that will get you free epic training, which in 1.12 is the expensive part.

So that way you end up with the class mount to show off and a normal epic mount for serious business.

depending on your server and AH prices there - the epic Paladin mount ends up costing around 600g or so

To be fair a lot of people are misusing the term exploit here.

An exploit does not inherently mean something that you will be banned for if caught doing, and the term “creative use of game mechanics” really just means “exploit you wont be banned for”.

An exploit in terms of game design is just making use of flaw in the code that’s not intentional to your benefit. Seal twisting IS an exploit for example, just not one Blizzard thought they should ban people over or bother to fix during TBC.

The same goes for sit spam and Reckoning. It’s technically an exploit as you’re making use of a flaw in the server code to make it think you were standing at the time, but it’s not one Blizzard deemed to be ban worthy.

Though semantics aside it is a valid point that it shouldn’t be grouped up with things people got banned over.

Regardless of what we call it, people weren’t banned for abusing the sit thing in Vanilla. Blizzard pretty clearly didn’t see it as a problem.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s cheaper in raw gold, but there’s a lot of time spend in dungeons and doing quest stuff, that if you spent that time farming gold you probably could have gotten up to 900g with similar effort.

Maybe a little easier to get the paladin mount, but not really too huge a difference, at least in my recollection (which might be off).

@ Retribution players why?

I really liked the support I brought as a ret paladin, I ran a (11/11/29) build purely for supporting groups, was able to provide every buff including kings, was able to tank dungeons no problem, was able to heal them, all while pulling good DPS and keeping up with others, I loved the feeling of saving groups and making things run smoothly, bopping people who got threat, popping Lay on Hands on the tank right before they were about to die, getting off clutch off heals and saving someone, great times.

Plus I felt like everyone’s bro, and that’s what being a paladin is all about, right?

1 Like

perhaps but the lore aspect alone makes it quite worthwhile and fun :slight_smile:

Oh absolutely. I’d definitely go for the class quest if it were me. Buy up another mount for usage purposes when you need it, but the quest is definitely worth doing.

No idea why people are theory crafting about pvp. Most pvp that matters is in a group setting and outside of that in the world is usually gank attempts, which any class can do.

To answer the original poster question:

You’re best bet is to try out each spec as soon as you reach the 31 talent point, and see how you like it. There really isn’t any other way around it if youve never pally’d in vanilla.

The most “efficient” way of leveling is Ret until around 30-40’s, then using a /sit macro in Prot for stacking reckoning bombs. That is, of course, if you don’t mind playing that way.