Paladin Leap!

I’d like a Falling Sword ability to replace the Cavalier talent.

2 Likes

If you look at where Cavalier inspiration came from (hint: the Diablo 3 team was cannibalized into the Wow team) it would make perfect sense for Paladins to get a Falling Sword type leap. It fits into the Holy Crusader shtick and would put players in line with NPC’s. Look at both Turalyon and Liadrin who both use a Falling Sword type leap in game.

As for Charge, there is precedent for that too. Look at Maximillian of Northshire. Use him as a combat ally in Legion and he’s zipping around charging like a warrior. I’d be happy just to not be the slowest damn melee. 15% movement speed buff is a joke.

4 Likes

Funny how even my mere guardian follower in legion was using a leap but the highlord of the paladin class hall can’t.

4 Likes

That boat has sail a long time ago, pally r just slow at it in the gap closer area; you seem to be about 3-4 expansion too late while pally are 3-4 expansion behind every other class.

2 Likes

Let’s prune everyone else’s stuns, heals, and Freedom effects from the game before we even start to consider having this conversation.

4 Likes

Lets take away mages ability to cast time warp. And hunters ability to cause same effect via their pets.

3 Likes

I think that we should have an ability with a silly name like Leap of Faith that basically does a double jump for extra height like a DH without the glide.

Well that is the Dh shtick but a double jump could be fun and help us get to places. No when I say a leap i mean like when you go to legion and half of your followers that fight with you have a heroic leap like warriors. It is time paladins were finally given this. It makes playable paladins look stupid that every npc paladin can figure out how to do a leap but we cant. This is my opinion tho. And yes some people want this. Others do not.

1 Like

How about giving us a mobility tool that isn’t just a lazy clone of a warrior ability?

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be if animated correctly, but what do you expect, the options are rather limited. Its either some kind of speed boost/dash, jump/leap, teleport or pull/knockback. To which every other class class has multiples of. All paladins have ever gotten is speed boosts
The only other option is increasing the range on more attacks like how ret was in WoD, with Templar’s Verdict have a 10 yard range if talented. Of course blizzard decided against that in legion(one the crappiest iterations of ret in long time)

Or perhaps a more unconventional solution, to being kited. Like taking less damage when snared an significantly less damage when rooted.

2 Likes

There is some interesting suggestions in this thread but there are also people saying no everyone that plays paladin dose not want a leap or charge. Which it comes to it that’s what we are left with either getting a charge or a leap. I choose leap because that’s what every paladin npc has when they attack they leap to their target.

1 Like

While I would still prefer to see Holy Prism and Falling Sword merged as a gap-closer, there are other alternatives, as Covahredro mentioned. Here are a couple of examples.

Judgment of Justice - Enemies affected by your Judgment are compelled to face justice, being drawn towards you at 33% movement speed (Think of Ulmath the Soulbinder’s ability Mental Collapse). This effect may stack up to 3 times.

Aura of Order - Enemies within 10 yrds can not exceed 100% movement speed. If an enemy would be displaced (Blink, Disengage, Infernal Strike, etc) beyond your Aura, they are instead displaced to the edge of your Aura.

3 Likes

Turalyon had a Heroic Leap style attack during the Argus intro scenario when we were fighting that immersed Pit Lord. That’s the kind of attack Paladins should have, or at least Retribution spec should.

1 Like

In wrath when we killed the Lich King the paladin that was there for that fight had a heroic leap as well. If you look at the paladin order hall followers that would follow you and fight most of them have a heroic leap. So again how is it that we do not have it yet.

1 Like

That Paladin was Highlord Tirion Fordring.

1 Like

Thank you for that I was tired when responding and could not remember who it was. But the point remains that almost every paladin npc has a heroic leap type ability or if remembering correctly has a charge. We should get a leap as well

2 Likes

Just thought of idea for how a leap could be implemented and the mechanics for it are already in game. I’m sure most of you have used the rocket packs during the world PvP events. The ones that shoots you up in air first and then sends you crashing down at the targeted area.

Well with some minor animation tweaks(just tack on the wings animation or the Guardian from Prot) and your pretty much good to go.

1 Like

Well as someone suggested it should do holy damage when we land.

1 Like

AoE too, maybe with knockdown as well.

We have wings why can’t blizzard be creative and add something cool and fun related to our holy wings?

2 Likes