Paladin Leap!

When did this become a ret only thread?

That’s fair, this isn’t a ret only thread. However Long Arm of the Law was available for all specs. Homogenization is bad and we now see the results of it, we don’t need to be warrior clones, we just need the good mechanics that the class had back (and not the stupid bad ones like the wheelchair from BC).

I might be wrong about my Paladin lore in warcraft, but since vanilla we have had a form of execute. it was removed then given back to us as a talent, which it should be baseline. Paladins were from what I remember a martial branch of a holy order that was just priest. We are holy warriors.

Now as previously stated most people want a gap closer. I will say a charge for paladins does not make any since. But give us a leap that every npc paladin seems to have.

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t think Paladins need more mobility. Paladins, compared to warriors, already have casted heals and the utility of blessings, immunities, and CCs. Paladins aren’t about being speedy and mobile, but if you want mobility, you can still talent into the extra steed charge.

I will admit though, it would be nice if the steed cleared slows and roots like druid forms, and lasted a few seconds longer.

Paladin should get a shuffle instead of a leap or roll

1 Like

Not sure where this “most” comes from, everybody I know wants Long Arm/Emancipate back and basically just laughs at the idea of a direct paladin gap closer.

It certainly isn’t a “most people want this” case and more like “we don’t care about gameplay we want a flashy animation to do our world quests” kind of thing for some folks.

Every time I’m in Mechagon, I can’t help but think that the teleport ability used by a lot of the gnome sentries is pretty close to the D3 Crsusader’s Falling Sword ability that people keep asking about for Ret
except with lightning.

1 Like

No he is right, most of us do want a gap closer; just because the people know tend to surround yourself with agrees with you doesn’t mean that every1 thinks that way. There is a reason why this issue kept on coming up, started during vanilla to this very day, and no we dont care about flashy animations; it can be a simple charge something druid & warrior has. The argument used to be that warrior has it so we cant just copy it, but then they gave leaps to almost every melee class but paladin. The thing is we pushed for a leap for pally because warriors & druid had charge, then they gave it to warriors who dont even need it in the 1st place to what we have now, several melee classes having a leap & paladin still has no gap closer.

It’s good that you pointed out that you don’t know the lore, so no Paladin is not a martial branch of just priest. It all depends on which Paladin order you are looking at.

For the 1st Paladin order that was introduced to the players, the Knights of the Silverhand were former “Knights” that learned the way of the Light with 1 exception, Turalyon. Turalyon was the only Paladin of the original Alliance Paladin order that was a former priest. Later the Dwarves joined the order, but they are 1st and foremost Knights before anything else hence why they are call the “Knights” of the Silverhand. If you read any of the books like Tides of Darkness or other books involving Paladins, they fought as a Knight does, but has auras that enhances & protects those around them along with the ability to heal others.

For the Blood Knights, their leader was a former priest but most of the 1st few members were warriors & former priest of the High Elves with 1 being a Paladin student of Uther. They also have some mages, or magistrates who are instrumental in the creation of their order.

Sun walkers were former druids & warriors.

Hand of Argus not sure their origin, their people had always had paladins & based on the wow timeline were the 1st paladins.

2 Likes

Sorry but the gameplay is already bad and don’t want it to get even worse, that “most of us” is not accurate. Maybe you like simpler things and Long Arm/emancipate is probably too complicated for you, maybe that’s not the case and you just want to be like every other single melee spec out there.

Regardless of motive, that “most of us” is just a lie.

Warriors don’t have to cast their heals, they just heal themselves for free while dealing damage. Warriors have the utility of Shouts and Piercing Howl. Warriors have the CC immunity of Bladestorm, magic immunity of Spell Reflect, and become immune to everything not already ticking on them with Heroic Leap to safety.

That’s not to say Paladins are in a horrible spot, but the reasons you’re throwing out really don’t hold much weight for keeping Paladins from a little extra mobility when Warriors have all these things in their kit in addition to the mobility.

5 Likes

falling sword leap would be sick. i really miss the judgment speed boost though.

2 Likes

So having to use 2 GCD to get the sht that every1 else can do in 1 GCD is complicated? God dam get off your high horse, thats just shtty design; it was the sh*t we had to go through before with the seal & judgement system, where we had to use 2 spells just to get the same thing every1 else can. If you love that 2 spell crap so much then dont complain & keep playing with horse & freedom its the same crap as long arm & emanc but with longer cooldowns.

4 Likes

I don’t expect some1 who only does world quests tu understand just how misinformed this is. We don’t want an auto teleport, we want Long Arm/Emancipate back.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Sorry I have a life now, and cant pvp all day like I did when I earned my Knight-Captain in vanilla; must be nice to not have a life huh?

So every1 should just bend over backward for you 1% that think you are better than every1 else? You people always say such things when you know your claims dont speak for the majority; like I said before if the majority does not want a gap closer then this topic would not always come up every expansion.

2 Likes

Lol these snowflakes and their insults, I log for about an hour or 2 at most and that’s not even on a daily basis, no idea what “having a life” or not has to do with this, you can do plenty of content outside world quests while still “having a life”.

It’s only about 1 or 2 people per expansion, that sounds like the mojority for sure right? These threads happen as often as people asking for wow mobile. 1 or 2 posts per expansion isnt “the majority”.

Good luck my friend.

LMFAO get trigger much? I dont just do world quest; I thought u used it as a term for us casual players but guess you were too dumb to do that & used it literally; so no I do more than just world quest.

1 Like

If you look at this thread you will see there are more people that agree that Paladins need a gap closer than those that do not think this. Also it was more than 2 people agreed. You can play the class how you want. I see a fun class but is lacking in movement that is given to others. And you keep bringing up slows for in pvp. I have tanked paladin. And have always thought we should have a charge or leap and not have to use our steed to charge in. But alas from what you say those of us that agree we need a gap closer do not know what we are talking about.

I am truly saddened when someone tries to suggest something that could help the class we get trolls who thinks change is bad unless it is a change they want.

4 Likes

This thread feels like “let’s homogenize more the classes”. An expansion later people will be “omg blizzerrrd why u homonegize everything”.

1 Like

I actually would not mind if they had gave both the normal stead talent we have, and a charge that uses the stead. Think of it like you mount up an charge at a target dealing holy damage to the target an enemies around it upon impact. For prot an ret it would make some sense kinda, could keep the divine stead version just for movement. Or give the stead a secondary effect that if you hit a enemy you deal holy damage to the enemy an those enemies around it dismounting you.

1 Like

Yes I’d give up the wheelchair

1 Like