P2W corruption system was intentional

Yes especially when Blizzard encourages the system by making your best possible piece of gear for the rest of the expansion purchasable on the auction house.

Blizzard could stop this by you know, not providing the opportunity for this to happen :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Blizzard did not role put the WoW token along with this corruption system. Stop being needlessly cynical. Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

4 Likes

Third party gold sellers are usually cheaper than the AH, right? Otherwise, why would anyone risk going through the third party gold sellers.

1. The best possible items in the game thanks for a system blizzard introduce can be purchased with gold.
  2. You can purchase WoW tokens to sell for gold.

What am i missing here?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know the price of gold through third party or even through the WoW token as I hold the belief that if you want something you better work for it.

2 Likes

Yes work for it, keep doing quests and raiding until RNG gods grace you with their presence.

You know that guy who got his best piece from the loot chest with bis corruption? He earned that. He did more work than you did. That’s how this game works right? The more effort you put in the bigger reward you get?

Get real.

Like I said, you are missing the fact that BoEs have been in the game since the start, and the WoW token has been in the game since MoP I believe? If this was something blizzard intended to happen, they would have been released together. Obvious marketing.

What you are missing is logic through your blinded cynicism.

3 Likes

I am by no means saying that RNG gear is the perfect system. Far from it. But that is not the argument at hand, so if you are going to defend your stance, don’t swap to assaulting my values. It does nothing for your case.

1 Like

BoEs have been in the game for a long time as a means as a way to jumpstart your gear, a booster to your gear to get you into higher content. When was the last time a BoE was the best possible item for an entire tier?

You do know that it’s a tiny, tiny minority that min/maxes and cares about DPS parses, right?

Most people don’t do cutting edge content. I don’t use any corruption, I cleanse it if it shows up on something I’ll use. But I don’t give a crap about doing top end content. I might, maaaybe do the LFR to see the story someday, but that’s about it. I’ll spend my time on other characters or RP.

Only the min/max mythic crowd gives a crap about getting their perfect corruptions.

Once again, not the topic at hand, but I’ll play along if you so desire. BoEs have had the potential to be the best item for you at the time during WoD and Legion when Titanforging and the rest of that system first started. Still after MoP with the introduction of the WoW token.

And like I said, I am someone who believes that if I want something I should work for it, so “random upgrades” are a system as a whole that I am entirely against. I think gear should drop as is and never have a chance to proc anything. I’m fine with gear dropping and having upgrades through professions, currency, or items, but not something that has no control like random procs.

1 Like

… You do know that not all the gold on there comes somewhere right? It’s been years since you go out and see gold farmers. You do that and you get put and highlighted as the next target to phish.

I haven’t but i’ve heard of some people who did and then the next thing that happened two months later was that they started getting massive phish attempts on his credit card and identity and ended up with 295$ of random sub fees and dumps paying for gold farming accounts from WoW to Runescape and Maplestory with 10-15 accounts on each. It’s probably far DEFINITELY far more peace of mind to just earn it yourself or buy/sell a token for anyone. No video game is worth painting a target on yourself for credit card fraud.

They work by selling the gold, defrauding the player, and then hacking for all the gold back knowing they’re a high value target or putting keyloggers on their sites, it’s sketchy asf.

1 Like

475 with your 2 best secondaries and a good T3 corruptions all over the AH?

https://mcphee.com/products/tin-foil-hat

Pretty cheap too.

For your cat too.

https://mcphee.com/products/tin-foil-hat-for-cats

1 Like

It surely feels good to get BOE you can sell and keep those repair bills paid

Nice conspiracy theory.

A fool and his money will quickly be parted.

1 Like

Is it still pay to win if there is nothing to buy?

Shoot 8.2 was P2W as well because I was never replacing my Compendium of Storms I bought on the auction house.

I’m sure the extra $5 they’ve made from various people buying and selling WoW tokens for corrupted BoEs has made up for, oh, probably a few hundred lost subs.