Overtuned levelling dungeons - bad for new players!

Wow, I took my max level prot pally at like heroic ilvl in to level 2 dps friends who have not played wow before. I’m 3 yrs in and pushing M+ past KSM for io and even with me explaining each boss for bfa dungeons, things were not obvious for a new/returning player learning their spec and the dungeon?!

The randoms were thanking me for the carry, this shouldn’t be happening! I was using most of my heals on people to help the healer and it is so deflating for the new/returning players. We would finish the dungeon and then they were not getting any gear to help with being squishy… i ended up having to buy with my gold - gold they don’t have starting out or any heirlooms to help… come on - this is ridiculous.

Blizzard, how do you expect to get/keep new players when they have this kind of experience?

Veterans should be able to chill and do other things, not think when these dungeons don’t even matter. Give people some confidence that they are getting somewhere without too much help from random people. This is where Blizzard had gone wrong as well and sparking the toxicity because things were so hard and veteran players calling new players stupid and things like that. I remember those days and want that to change, like most of the community . If I can do it, anyone can and love the game, but not like this.

The levelling dungeons are way overtuned with very few gear drops to help prevent deaths. Be more generous, please.

35 Likes

sorry, I don’t see it, you can quest to level 60 in under 3 hours. Theres a lot of issues but this isn’t one.

13 Likes

Thats nice, but i had 4 new people, so maybe because i was max level with my entire tool kit the dungeon was scaled… did you think about that?

Just because you havent experienced it as a vet, doesnt mean the 4 new/returning people as a sample, didnt experience it. We got into Shrine of the storms and the 3rd boss was bugged, no wonder 3 people left and we got into a half finished dungeon. The person got mind controlled immediately, I started hitting them and instead of breaking them out, they died. Thats never happened, there’s usually a long grace time before they are fully mind controlled.

1 star experience

9 Likes

They aren’t. Good tuning doesn’t mean you steam roll it with no risk of death.

11 Likes

Overtuned means - people wont continue playing. they know nobody and if they play for the people they meet maybe, but it wasnt fun at all. A game is supposed to be fun.

If Blizzard is to focus on end game, dont overtune levelling dungeons or at least have guides. It’s so confusing… you should all try and go in and not remember anything and ask other people - good luck to you.

4 Likes

Not everyone finds steamrolling every ounce of content an mmorpg has to offer fun. God knows that when the game was at an all time high it wasn’t steamroll.

7 Likes

You are right don’t listen to the trolls. The WoW new player experience needs a lot of work.

6 Likes

I posted about it in the Chromie Time thread in the CC forum. They really need to re-tune them.

10.0 really borked the scaling.

My group almost wiped on the first boss in Wailing Caverns because her thorns did like 10% damage per hit and we had no dispels (mainly because you have to spec into them now and no one’s picking a dispel while leveling). But regardless, it shouldn’t have been doing that much.

The healer was a new player, and a druid, and we were all melee and I could tell she was stressed.

I outright stopped attacking so she would have one less person to have to heal.

They are. Not everything, but some.

22 Likes

maybe if they stopped with the scaling BS and let wow get back to the way it was we wouldn’t be facing these issues. I hate scaling as it is lazy. Enemies shouldn’t level up with me.

14 Likes

So you almost wiped and that means the content is too hard? lol nah, that doesn’t mean it’s overtuned. It means that you needed to approach the content differently and figure out a different way to overcome it. Everything doesn’t need to be steamroll with no threat of death.

10 Likes

When we almost wipe to a Wailing Caverns boss because a single ability is doing between 10 and 20% damage a second to the party, yes. Yes. They are overtuned.

24 Likes

simple solution here, get rid of tuning

4 Likes

we wiped a lot in deadmines when i was leveling…

2 Likes

I agree. Tuning via new expansion scaling just is a hassle. Let old content be left alone.

Scaling was the worst idea Blizz ever introduced and I hate it so much. It has caused them endless nightmares. Things were fine before, and wow classic proves this is the way people prefer things. Just get rid of scaling and put things back right. A boar in Elywinn forest shouldn’t be level 60, it should be level 6.

15 Likes

i helped a level 27 with a mob today. he was 27. i was 60, mob was 60 and he was damaging it just fine.

3 Likes

which is really stupid and confusing if you ask me. this just breaks the game immersion for me. There is no reason for a level 1 to be able to damage a beast at level 60. I hate this idea so much and it is stupid and lazy and money driven.

3 Likes

I queued into the motherlode the other day on my new lvl 30 hunter, in full heirlooms, and we wiped on the 1st boss. Didn’t look anyone messed up any mechanics, that I could tell, just the tank and healer couldn’t keep up with the damage. One wipe and everyone left. No one said a word or tried to blame anyone else, just quietly left. So I can only assume that the dungeon is over tuned unless you out gear it.

2 Likes

This. I’ve never understood the point of leveling dungeons in the first place. Questing is faster, and all people ever do regarding leveling dungeons is complain about them.

Yeah. The leveling dungeons scaling has been super weird. I did Shadowmoon Burial Grounds earlier leveling an alt and while the bosses melted as expected, non-tanks were getting 1 and 2 shot by trash.

2 Likes