Overqualified, never invited, why some people don’t get beta invites

I am in a CE guild, a multiple gladiator, and even hold server first titles from WOTLK, however I have not been invited to a beta since TBC, because I was banned for two weeks for something silly. I cannot test new raids with my guild, or test pvp/covenants, instead I have to watch youtubers likes Bellular talk out of their bums. There should be an honor system like League where after a certain amount of time with good behavior you are back in almighty blizzards good graces. At this point I don’t even see why I’m asking, but this needs to be fixed, something from over 10 years ago is keeping me from testing the game I love.

4 Likes

I know plenty of people who have had a lot worse than a 2 week ban that have gotten into beta, including someone who is perma banned but can also access it. It’s random, they are not targeting you, and unless you’re a content creator, or one of the lucky CE guilds you’re not going to get special treatment.

9 Likes

I mean, I know for a fact that people have received significant bans and still gotten invites. I think you just have bad luck; sorry, man.

Interesting choice to post on a level 10 classic character when you’re this overqualified CE raider, btw :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Pretty sure the list of people who are ‘guaranteed’ an invite are from a pretty small pool of proven theorycrafters and media content creators who can help test and promote the brand.

If you want to test things out, just play on the PTR.

1 Like

Beta really is random and unbiased for the most part. Streamers are just a very small fraction minority. The vast majority of testers are chosen randomly if eligible. Your play time, accomplishments, history, etc mean absolutely nothing. It’s just up to the RNG gods.

1 Like

some people are just unlucky i think. other than being given beta the only other beta i’ve ever had access to is MoP and that one everyone had access to.

BfA beta was completely open for the last week as well, and that’s the only one I’ve ever gotten into. Which is fine, but I understand theres no secret priority etc.

1 Like

this is the only beta i’ve really cared about because of the customization stuff. but i could have checked that out on the ptr later. i’m not good at the game or accomplished so i know they won’t just give me one for giggles. cuz i would just run around looking at art assets instead of testing the game. XD

Never used Beta keys, ever. I don’t like spoilers at all. I’m one to love the immersion of new content and enjoy the fumbling and working stuff out. I don’t know a thing about Shadowlands other than there’s covenants and we get level squish.

I honestly just want to try out torghast a few times, and give some feedback on it. It’s the thing I’m looking forward to the most, and there’s no real “spoilers” tied to it.

it was down the day i logged in to look around. i’m not sure if it still is. so i just logged out.

You’re not missing much, trust me. The only reason to play in the Alpha and Beta are only if you feel like providing some free QA work for Blizzard. That’s more or less what it is. I feel kind of bad because I got invited to BfA’s alpha and didn’t really do much with it. Probably could have let someone else play and they could have provided a lot more testing than I did ._.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they reserve a small number of keys for content creators, a number of keys for different system specs, and the rest is just randomised. I have a boring nothing special gaming rig and I got a beta invite within a week of opting in.

First. You are posting on classic toon. You can’t back any of that up. . But reguardless, it doesnt matter man.

Wasn’t silly if you got banned, I am sure.

Beside.

Yea. . kind of sucks that actions have consequences.

Just relax and move on.

3 Likes

People are free to post on any character they want. It has no relevance to his merits what so ever.

1 Like

They get more out off of content creators, like media attention; and they can show content to masses to make it easier to complain about here and fix.

yeah blizz what the heck I’ve been playing since 2018 and I don’t have beta!!!

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is true, but I heard the invites were based on computer quality.

So the first wave went to people with good computers, and so on.

It does if they are tying to make qualifications up without prof. I am not going to believe his word. Period.

5 Likes

Just seems weird to talk about how you’re multiple glad, CE, and have all these server first titles, yet you’re conveniently on one of the characters that does not allow you to see any of your achievements.

1 Like