With the recent 10.0.5 PTR Patch notes, I wanted to talk about the changes to Overload spec.
You can read the full patch notes here, but this is the main point of what I wanted to discuss.
- Overload Elemental Deposit and Overload Elemental Herb has been slightly redesigned:
- Overloading cooldown is no longer modified by gathering mining or herb nodes.
- Overload is now taught to all Miners and Herbalists after collecting their first Elemental themed node.
- Mastering the Elements unlock point now restores Overload cooldown reduction functionality.
- Developers’ note: Overload offers the occasional moment to allow gatherers to not only change up their gameplay, but also to gain a nice bonus of extra elemental reagents. Requiring a specialization investment to engage with the system felt too restrictive and also did not offer all Gatherers the same opportunity to try something new. By shifting the cooldown reduction onto the unlock point and unlocking the spell for all Gatherers, everyone has an opportunity to participate but also get a better understanding of what the feature is offering before investing points into the specialization tree.
This seems like a generally good change as most people may not even be aware of how this mechanic works. The concern I have is that I have an Herbalist who fully specced into this tree because I wanted Overload, but since its being changed, are those that spent the points down this tree, going to get our Knowledge points refunded?
I can understand if I made a mistake in a tree because I may have mis read it on Alpha / Beta / Live, but something that Blizzard changes down the line, we should be refunded our points back.
This question is also for any future Blizzard changes to our Profession specs as well.