Overall vs Algalon representation numbers as of 2/6

Please no.

I’d love for you to do a small case study of Assassination rogues in retail. Watching them from release to current.

They had a talent called exsanguinate. It was pretty powerful and probably should have been a top tier talent, but it wasn’t, it was halfway up the talent tree. Many assassination rogue players didn’t like the playstyle and used single target sims to make a case to blizzard that the talent should be nerfed(because they felt they were forced to play around the talent and didn’t want to). Even the guy who writes for wowhead assassination class lobbied for it and praised it when it was nerfed to 1/3 of it’s original power.

Keep in mind this made them #1 at single target dps, but they were trash at cleave/AOE. All the new content has very little single target fights. So fast forward to after the nerfs, and the talent is now in the garbage can with no replacements(because blizzard is incompetent at balancing). Assassin is the lowest ranking dps in mythic raiding 90-95th percentile. The lowest. It’s been that way for weeks.

So in summary. Blizzard is terrible at balancing. The communities ideas are really bad. The self appointed “simulation kings” and class leaders also have bad balancing ideas.
So honestly it’s just better if we know which classes/specs are good, which aren’t, and if we aren’t ok with being a bad class/spec, we can change to a different one knowing that blizzard won’t waste countless hours of your hard work by “Fixing” something you enjoyed doing.

1 Like

Well the other valid option is wear the imbalances and don’t touch class balance - aka vanilla and TBC classic. But that horse just bolted.

I don’t think the ret change is the last balancing tweak they make. They won’t change every build but some of the ones really low on the representation totem pole will get small tweaks like the rets did.

Raids would be nothing but DKs for tanks and dps if they did that… our class was so broken in phases 1-4 we could solo raids.

I’m not convinced they will. Not unless there is community “feedback”.

They were all set and ready to not buff Ret until they got community “feedback”.

I really do not believe they are actively monitoring the actual numbers. The development is in maintenance mode.

Unless you’re loud you won’t get. The quiet ones will necessarily end up lowest on the totem pole.

We sure about that? Do they really read these boards? RDF should have been implemented if that’s the case.

Yeah we are. Blue claimed they weren’t going to buff Ret and then when they backflipped they cited community feedback as a contributing factor:

The justification they used contradicted their original position and was a copy paste of the arguments used on the forums for Buffing Ret.

Pretty sure, the way they are doing this is if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Disclaimer - I’m not saying the Ret buff was wrong - or that the community were wrong to agitate for it, just that it strongly looks (to me) as though Blizzard aren’t actively monitoring balance and are relying heavily on community discussion.

Given how cheap they are with Classic - this all checks out. So, I wouldn’t bank on more small class changes unless it’s stuff the forums and content creators agitate for.

Yeah, they started with “the class has fine representation” and went to “oh, yeah, you kind of suck at your role…”

It was basically a recognizing that rets had a point.

So yeah, it does somewhat open up the door to more changes, just not super wide.

1 Like

Now Birmingham is walking out the door, I’d say “watch this space” on that one.

If this is something you want now would probably be an ideal time to push it. They seem to be building their action list priorities around thread counts lol. So push hard on the forums for this one if you want it in. The main person against it is now doing exit interviews.

Fair… just didn’t think they actually read the board. Apparently, I was wrong. I feel bad for the devs who have to now deal with the fallout of that… because just about half of the new posts are about changes to their favored class and the other half is hating on rets.
Good luck parsing through the garbage, devs!

1 Like

It is… I’m tired of never finding an H+ outside of dailies on Atiesh.
GS doesn’t make a difference if nobody is doing them. RDF solves a lot of those issues.

That’s how I interpreted it… but apparently they actually do read these boards (feel sorry for the intern/newbie who is forced to do that).

Lol neither did I until this. Turns out the forum campaigners were onto something - who knew!

I think Classic is being run by marketing suits now - not the devs.

Yeah, I have a mild preference for it. But it doesn’t impact on me too much. I’m not against it.

Push for it :slight_smile:

not a great fight for resto druids so most go balance, since they’re about the slow healing of HoTs which doesn’t vibe well with the brutalus style chunking of the tank. I wouldn’t say overall resto is struggling because they shine on some fights…like council or freya.

Holy is very good on Algalon, but I would imagine most only have an spriest and a disc and there’s little reason to make your spriest respec if you have shaman to swap over to heal.

What does this mean, lol?

Again you resort to bottom of barrel arguments like “touch grass”. Grow up.

An overlooked part of that is that a lot of people such as myself diehard warrior.
A lot of these diehard warriors have connections and/or influence in their guilds from when the class was good.
Just because I’m stubborn doesn’t make my class good

It’s definitely not a top tier DPS right now, but the fact that like 50% more fury warriors have Algalon kills than ret paladins, and that it’s in the same ballpark of population % as most other DPS specs getting alg kills in these first weeks isn’t spelling doom for the spec.

I don’t think Fury is in a great spot in Ulduar, just that I don’t think that it is doing so badly as to demand additional buffs to the spec beyond the ilvl buffs on the gear which helped it a bunch by giving it access to more ArP and higher damage weapons earlier than expected.

Had they not touched the ilvl of the gear, they probably could have used a temporary buff for this tier.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.