Over two years

Blizzard, what in the void have you been doing in the past two years?

At the end of BFA’s beta, no changes were made to Shadow’s design. It was said that there wasn’t enough time for any major overhauls or changes to Voidform before the release of BFA, that we’d have to wait until a major content patch or the next expansion…

We are nearing the end of Shadowlands beta and again, there’s no changes? In the past two months, the only changes we’ve seen are spell we used to have, being given back to us.

I think I can speak for 99% of Shadow Priest when I say:

WTF!?

20 Likes

yes,… yes you can

8 Likes

We gotta rise up like never before…

These changes are simply unacceptable.

LIKE WHY.

7 Likes

blizz hire one of us. we care more about spriest than you guys do

3 Likes

Meh, no, I’m not onboard with that particular idea. Even if they were to do this it would take months before a new person was brought up to speed on how everything works and interacts on the front and back end, and then many more weeks for them to be able to implement a simple thing without breaking stuff, then even more time after that for them to implement complex things without bringing down the servers. Only after they get that level of familiarity can they have a chance at implementing the kinds of changes that Shadow needs. So we’re realistically talking about a minimum of 3-6 months of time just looking at the infrastructure before a new person might be able to implement this.

This does not include the time to actually propose the class change, run simulations, have required meetings and reviews, decide how it needs to be implemented, and code/debug the changes, to say nothing of getting the resources/help they might need (artwork, modeling, sound effects, etc.) I don’t think even an experienced senior level staffer could get this piece done in under a month.

I agree, Blizzard said there wont be change until a new expansion. Well, now it is a new expansion. I have hope that big changes will be released soon before the end of alpha, but if not, when beta hits then we will have to flood them with feedback, and not just our Lovecraftian chanting for shadow priest changes, Disc and Holy priests need love too. It would be terrible if two healing specs also fell out of gameplay!

3 Likes

:point_up: Yeah Blizzard! What he said