Over 2 months, where's Blizzard?

You haven’t made a blue post concerning the state of Classic Era in over two months and barely spoken about your beloved TBC Classic which you guys hoped would get you through the quarter.

Meanwhile, classic realms are dying from low population and cross-realm has not fixed anything. It’s time to merge the servers already.

Some of you blue guys from years ago should be ashamed of yourselves for not posting something, anything. Not even a small unrelated comment has appeared.

I give some buffer in case of upper management, but this is going beyond neglect. It’s disappointing in several ways.

7 Likes

In my limited experience, Classic Era realms are actually growing, very slowly, but they are growing.

You may not like the experience there for any number of reasons; but people are playing in Classic Era and over time the community is forming.

10 Likes

I too have noticed more and more coming back to Classic Era Servers, I first started “checking” on Classic Era Servers weeks ago with a level 37 that I didn’t progress into TBC, I would log in and check how many people were “online”, every few days it would appear more and more would show up, now there seems to always be more than the 50 that it will display and you have to start checking zones individually or check based on level ranges in order to capture the population if you were wanting to count how many were online.

I took the plunge and dropped the $15 to get my main back into CER and probably won’t be playing much TBC as I just wasn’t enjoying it anymore.

-Hollow

Blizzard’s too busy fighting a PR fire right now to be concerned with blue posts.

8 Likes

yes, classic is actually growing.

the steady state is just low without tourists.

2 Likes

They’re fighting California over whether or not they have a continuous, chronic hostile work environment.

DISCLAIMER: iThink California is going to win the court case coming…

1 Like

this is a test. ignore.

Anything specific, or is it just a hostile work environment thing?

1 Like

It’s alleged sexual assault kinds of bad.

1 Like

Started a new character on Pagle on sunday, and actually had competition from no less than 5 other new characters in the undead zone.

2 Likes

soon new classic im sure.

i collected no less than 3 Black Lotuses in EPL…and we raid with 40 man teams and people sitting out. but we might be the only guild so everyone gravitates.

it’s low-pop but damn, it’s functional still.

2 Likes

Maybe in 10 years

Personally, I think they will settle something

This wasn’t another “classic is dead,” thread…

Think most of you missed the point. Some servers are doing well, but other clusters (not just realms) are actually dying off from server transfers…

Which one are actually dying off from server transfers?

Don’t just give us your conjectures or predictions, name specifically which clusters are seeing a decrease in activity week over week.

I’m glad, I dont like burning crusade and i think people are in that raid log time in TBC and some are coming back to classic. I just wish they merged servers already

So far, all big North American clusters seem sort of healthy to me (raids going on and/or lots of players). And that’s only for one faction since I usually don’t make a reroll for the other faction. My only concern is rp realms, that are a catastrophe, except maybe BB but I’m not sure they will raid.

But overall if Blizzard stays idle, it’s probable people will transfer/reroll on the biggest cluster eventually.

Servers like Faerlina, Incendius, Benediction, and Netherwind (did I leave one out?).

It’s not a conjecture or prediction. You’re as out of touch with other realms as Blizzard is with the whole of Classic.

The situation at current is that moneybag players coming back from TBC are transferring several avatars onto other realms to change cluster just b/c they don’t want to work on community (just nab Naxx gear).

The lack of world PVP outside raiding times (at portals, or guild rivalries at world bosses) only compounds the issue. Those folks are leaving, too.

Queb:

That’s already exactly what has transpired, Queb. Are you the same “Queb” that joined on Discord? So you’ve seen…we’re having a hard time keeping up AQ40 due to attendence issues and there’s literally no population to pull from.

Ask anyone in our cluster how many times they’ve ran WC, SM, or BRD w/o being boosted by a 60…simply because there’s not even enough lowbies to pull it off anymore…

2-3 months ago it was at least doable…if you hunted folks down for WC for an hour (true story, I did this).

Every SM run I got a group together had a 50+ or 60 in it, just to fill the group and get it done. This is during peak hours.

PVP East just ain’t doin’ good in our cluster, but the RP-PVP realms gotta be hurting even worse. I re-rolled from Grobb, to Deviate Delight, to just giving up on RP realms…and that was 3 months ago.

Still no word from Blizzard. gfg.