Over 2 months ago lmao

Just check out how the OP was ate alive by comments, and this was nearly a month ago. And then you have The Future of Warcraft Announcements -- Wrath Classic - #3 by Maizou-proudmoore Check out those like ratios on the posters in that thread, and this is a community counsel thread lmao. After all of this though, these delusional devs still go through with it. Absolutely amazing. This was from APRIL. They didn’t even start working on the replacement for dungeon finder until after all of this feedback. That means they straight up ignored it and did the opposite.

5 Likes

I mean, until proven otherwise, I’m convinced they just didn’t want to code it.

11 Likes

They had community counsel members themselves straight up saying we needed it in the game, 3 months ago and they sat on all of that feedback, made up some bologna about getting positive feedback somewhere else, havn’t showed us a bit of evidence to prove it, and straight up paid someone to import a retail tool in it’s place over the course of 2 months then announced it in some weird virtuous rant saying a bunch of weird stuff about keeping the spirit of the game alive, sounded like a delores unbridge speech at hogwarts. These people are hilarious.

3 Likes

It’s always been that way. If it was cheaper to put LFD in, they would have done it. It’s obvious, the amount of money required to add LFD isn’t worth their potential losses if it isn’t in the game.

The same day Kaivax made that thread in WCC (April 19), Brian was doing a bunch of press in which he said they were planning for an improvement to the TBCC group finder.

https://www.twitch.tv/joshcorbett/clip/EnthusiasticWildPepperoniMoreCowbell-Ze7Ph87YrW3ZO83x

1 Like

Hmm, so this is basically coming from a single dev, as everyone is theorizing. A modern day rome lol.

2 Likes

GET A BRESS ON ZUELEASE

1 Like

Is that dev’s forum handle Nero?

1 Like

Well, Brian isn’t a “single dev”. He is the lead of wow classic now that Holy moved on, so he basically has the saying on how things are doing apparently.

1 Like

It’s possible the devs are unable to code it. They’ve admitted that implementing arena teams was hard for them (interview with Brian B).

2 Likes

It’s not really his ship alone though, and he’s actually admitted a number of devs want LFD.

2 Likes

The Forums doesn’t represent everyone tho, do you really believe that less than 200 votes on a couple of posts means that the majority wants LFD? I know a lot of people want LFD but you have to keep in mind that a lot are neutral about it and a lot don’t care.

Internally at Blizzard it seems to be 50/50 (said by Brian in an interview) and I can tell you for sure that a lot of people in-game don’t care about LFD.

Bring back gms like ghostcrawler that will help the developers !!

2 Likes

exactly this. People forget that lfd went through several changes up until retail. Also, there is no way they want to deal with all those tickets again. That’s they whole reason they made personal loot.

While I think it would be nice to have. My guess is (as others have stated) they just don’t have the resources required to make it happen. I doubt the Classic team gets much support from the higher ups.

multiple devs want it, but because he had social interaction by asking who was tanking WC, he gets final say on denying it. seems fair to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.