Outlaw rogue feels terribad in shadowlands ptr!

When I saw the changes of roll of bones I was excited, I tought Outlaw would shine again just like old Combat days but boy… I have tried it in PTR and idk… it feels depressing and bad. It feels more complicated and clunky than BFA.

Now Outlaw rogue has to mantain too many debuff. Let’s see, what abilities outlaw rogue has to keep in SL:

• Slice and dice
  • Roll the bones
  • Between the eyes
  • Blade flurry

I think outlaw has one of the most (or the most) abilities that has to be mantained in order to have a “decent” dps. I find myself not using Slice and dice as much as I should because the ramp up time needed to finish a target is short, specially in pvp. Also It is not a exciting button to press, like I feel I am wasting combo points in something that is not so impactful.

In terms of survivability, I feel that Outlaw is kind of… “Squishy” with the nerf of healing potions.

I hope it improves with the "borrowed " powers that we will be getting in Shadowlands, but at this state without conduits and covenant abilities, it feels terribad.

7 Likes

I would have to respectfully disagree.

RTB is a CD
BF is used on trash packs or to cleave and is a button. You only have to use it when you see targets stacked.
BttE is used as a ST damage increase

I don’t see this as harder than previous expansions where you had to manage

SnD
Rupture
Recuperate
Eviscerate/Envenom

I also feel more complicated specs of al classes are a good change.

2 Likes

I think you have to use it for single target as well because we will be getting some conduits attached to it that buff its damage.

BttE is our version of colosus smash. No warrior is happy for colossus smash.

Slice and dice is not a fun button to press. I feel it is a waste of combo points and GCD just for attack speed increase? come on… Sure it has more chances to apply poisons but is not as relevant as SIN spec. The only real benefit is “Combat potency” pasive but I barely see any difference in performance.

1 Like

here we go :popcorn:

Even then it’s still a button and doesn’t have a CP requirement.

I don’t have an issue with CS on my
Warrior. I enjoy setup/burst windows.

It may not be a “fun” button but it’s a dps
increase to use it as it also increases white damage.

It’s also the worst for Sin as it doesn’t have any real interaction with the spec compared to sub and outlaw.

1 Like

I agree with op.

You’re quoting a post on a Assassination thread in an Outlaw thread?

Doesn’t make any sense.

RtB and BttE are just abilities used on cooldown not unlike the cooldowns that literally every spec in the game attends to. BF is also a cooldown that isn’t maintained with 100% uptime in shadowlands and it’s specific to multi-target situations on top of that.

SnD is the only thing that needs constant maintenance and while I agree that it isn’t fun or immediately impactful, it’s management hardly complicates gameplay at all.

2 Likes

They didn’t really make rtb less trolling, you just no longer have unlimited rerolls and are forced to ride out bad rolls. That said restless blades does affect the cd so you will have the opportunity to roll bad buffs off, just not as frequently.

I would have to respectfully disagree with your disagree lol. I personally think this version of outlaw/combat is the worse iteration of the spec ever. Not that it really matters but rogue was my main for 11 or so years and I couldn’t bare to play it in BFA let alone SL.

6 Likes

I used to do outlaw in BFA, and oh man, remember before it got nerfed to the ground when we had so many buffs with RtB? WHEEEE Just hearing all those sinister strikes going off wooo combo points galore.

1 Like

rogues don’t need 3-5+ different finishers

if it’s passive damage it should be baked into the class

fite me

3 Likes

Slice and dice was passive during one of the expansion (I think WoD – I didn’t play that one much) and I think it should return to being a passive. Having to deal with covenant abilities, AR, RtB, SnD and Between the eyes, and pistol shot procs is a massive frustration with the global cooldown.

That passive was a Draenor Talent only for Assassination (Who still had cut to the chase prior to that I think).

Outlaw’s was 0% miss chance with autos (and an increase to offhand weapon damage?) which would be a crazy good effect to put onto Grand Melee :thinking:

MFD into SnD / RTB pre-pull works fine if you’re having trouble with ramp up. Even still, SND is the highest priority finisher to keep up since auto attacks are generally the highest portion of damage currently.

Refresh at <9sec and you’re golden.