Outlaw PvP?

Is there any reason to play Outlaw in PvP? I miss combat but since it isn’t in the game anymore I just wanted to know if Outlaw contributes to anything that Sub/Assa already doesn’t, and it’s viability.

1 Like

i like outlaw for random bgs but good luck convicincing anyone you dont already know to bring you into rated bgs.
Outlaw does offer 15% haste buffs for allies for group skirmishes and they have their usual bag of tricks like sapping, blinding, and 7 second kidney shot stun along with disarms.
My favorite thing to do in a battleground (like warsong gulch) is to crowd control as many indvidual players on the way across mid and see how many players i can get to backtrack across the map to follow me so they can kill that annoying rouge who just use sap, blind, cheap shot, and kidney shot on 5 maybe 6 players

1 Like

70-second cd on blind with Shadowdust lego, gouge, I also find it’s a tiny bit tankier. Other than that it gets really hard to find other things. It lacks consistent pressure of sin, the cross cc/utility of sub, and the burst of both specs.

1 Like

Outlaw lacks Burst and has a ramp up. Two things which nearly make it impossible to fight anything that’s rated. It has control, but there are specs out there that can do both burst and on demand CC.

If the spec wasn’t so weighed down by Roll the Bones, and if Killing Spree was worth taking outside of a darn gimmick, then you’d have something.

1 Like

For RBGs you’re just better off going sub or sin tbh.

Some peoooe make it work in arenas but unless you’re extremely good it’s harder to make work.

Yeah the short blind CD is great for RBGs. The consistent pressure comes from cleave of BF.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

People sleep on it a lot but in 9.1 you can definitely make it work if that’s your jam. Setup properly you are super tanky and if you go venth you have solid burst every 1.5 mins.

2 Likes

Assuming you can cleave, even then melee cleaves will just chew you up and spit you out. In bgs I’m sure its good, but in arena I’m good. Rogue gameplay is to much about surviving for another go atm.

1 Like

There is a build as Necro with Enduring Brawler, Elusiveness and Float Like a Butterfly that you effectively end up with -30% dmg taken the entire fight, and Evasion up about 30% of the time. Between that, gouge, disarm, cloak and 90 sec blind you can make it work. Still easier to go, disappear and go again, but outlaw’s in a better place than it has been in a long time.

2 Likes

I am watching what Tosan is doing and he is surviving melee cleaves.

:surfing_woman::surfing_man:

1 Like

Liked your post because this is true. But should be considered a problem for Outlaw in arena.

PvP talent option was specifically designed around it but doesn’t solve the issue because how the mechanic functions. I’m talking about Enduring Brawler. Instead of having a damage component, it should provide some alternate defensive bonus (leech or regen), and the bonuses should stack while out of stealth. If the Rogue vanishes or goes for a reset, it’s back to zero. Since it takes 60 seconds to stack up anyways, the only way you get to that bonus is by playing with a pocket healer in the current design.

Does it become an immediate pick? Probably. But Smoke Bomb is too, right? So why would it be an issue if a defense-oriented talent for a low-stealth melee DPS peaked to high priority? That’s where I would struggle to connect the dots.

And yeah @Pokeinheimer, Elusiveness and Float Like a Butterfly enable some really good almost passive DR as long as you’re comboing. I assume Necro is for the CP gen to maintain Restless resets?