Outlaw nerf

I am happy I currently building a sin set because I expected this to happen

I barely out dps a 429 DH on a Tol Dagor 13… I’m 438 with 440 weapons and good azerite traits. The only pulls I could do decent aoe were the ones with either iris or adren rush. I lost anywhere from 10-20k on aoe pulls… Fire mage DH and other classes can start a boss fight doing 70k+ dps with lust and unless the fight lasts 8 minutes good luck catching up… even on tyran week our ST dps is a joke. Blizz should either nerfed blade fury OR keep your wits about you. Or maybe just buff pistol shot or dispatch to even out the low ST dps that outlaw is plagued with.

2 Likes

to be honorest they should have put shroud on a share cd like brezs and there ppl in the mdi wont be playing 3x rouge
and only should have nerf blade fury by 5% witht he trait to see if it was good if not nerf by 5% like you do your buff

welcome to the new outlaw rogue it makes me very sad too i literally reforged EVERy single piece of my outlaw set

Idk I still did ok. 37k. Previously 42k. I stopped using beam and relying more on the guardian azerite. Still competitive imo. I out dpsd a 442 assasin as a 434 outlaw in long st fights and aoe lasting more than 12 sec.

Was me 37k, assasin 36.8k, dh 35.8k

434 il, 442 il, 428il.

I think they need to make aoe last longer for us now or st be less rng based. Zero 4 rtb in two runs. Got leech like 8xs in row. Oof.

Feelsbadman overall. Worried my boomy will be nerfed next. I do see rets do insane aoe. 15+ keys.

1 Like

I find BOTE more fun than CLF.

Yeah, that’s really close to my experience overall as well. Was pulling around 42-44 ish overall, and now about 37-39. Feels like about 5k less overall, at least in the dungeons I did.

Hoping getting blood of the enemy, some crawg tusks, and better 445 pieces will squeeze a bit more out of what I’m working with.

Did any of you guys notice better ST? I feel like I was doing better ST in the keys I did, even holding suboptimal buffs. And I seriously upgraded some of my ST raid parses in the raid I did last night after the patch.

2 Likes

Pfft I wish

Not sure what I did different but I feel like my st is -sightly- better… slightly.

They def overnerfed Outlaw. The spec was designed for strong quick AOE burst, now its medicore at best. Add on the insane Rng of fighting RTB, makes Outlaw a slog to play right now. DH and Mage are obliterating us is AOE.

4 Likes

That’s the thing. Now Outlaw will still be popular because of it’s survival, utility with shroud. However DMG wise, they are in the middle now and only excell with GOOD rng.

I lost ~7k overall dmg to my cleave for m+. That’s absolutely massive, my BM hunter does the same damage with worse trinkets and 10ilvl lower.

Is outlaw bad? Of course not, but plenty of specs can beat it in both cleave and ST now. I would have personally not nerfed the proc rate from 5-3% and maybe make it 10% dmg nerf at best.

The problem with outlaw balance is the spec is based around RNG and OP scaling with current necks. Blood is the enemy, Ruthless precision, crit proc trinkets + other good bones rolls is why it was being stacked.

Anyway, assassination is definitely now better with some affixes.

1 Like

dont forget DH are left unchecked now too

6 Likes

That sky falls anymore and we are screwed.

Probably because he mains a mage and not a Monk.

1 Like

How many nerfs have rogues had from the start - present vs other classes I’m curious who wins.

I mean of the top 60 teams for this week in M+ only one didnt bring a outlaw rogue, assassination instead. We are 100% fine.

I consider the act of shoving Roll the Bones down our throats is the biggest problem to the spec.

The fact that juggling RtB and Alacrity is still a thing gets even more ridiculous. Loaded Dice as a ‘talent’ is a complete joke.

What they should have done is bake Loaded Dice into Roll the Bones, and make row 90 look like this:

Roll the Bones, Alacrity, Slice and Dice. Pick One

1 Like

That has nothing to do with damage, but more skips and utility for emissaries. Outlaw damage for equally geared classes is a bit above average and their single target is below average. My DH, hunter, mage, ele shaman all /lol at my more geared outlaw.

And here is the thing, even if they did the same damage as a DH you still can only do that damage with good RNG while other classes have no RNG.

I lost 6-7k overall cleave damage on my 441 rogue which is completely overboard by Blizzard.

Also these teams have PRACTISED these comps so they aren’t going to randomly change it all up.

Outlaw is still good because of the survivability and utility it brings to this seasons affixes but it’s damage was way overnerfed and in fact I am seeing less rogues in pugs and I haven’t had an outlaw rogue come close to my damage on like my BM hunter now. My rogue is 441.

DHs and other specs like ele are so far ahead in ST sims atm and have better or equal AoE with litte/no RNG. What keeps rogue viable is shroud and the toolset, and thank for that because otherwise you wouldn’t bring a rogue for damage since there are more reliable and better sources for it now.

2 Likes

Actually, assassination was a mid-tier spec
up until mid to end of LK and didn’t get any buffs but combat was always ahead of it back then.

Our aoe is now around where other AOE classes, only reason why the MDI is still stacking rogues is because if our utility. Rogues toolkit has always been what makes the class fun, they have stripped away enough of rogues