Outlaw nerf

so let me get this straight you just put bladefury on a timer (losing the toggle) and increase the damage on it in bfa, then you decide how its too strong…
how about you give us back the toggle on bladefury then?
since you are just FLAT nerfing this ability cause i hate to break it to you AOE is suppose to be what we are strong at and your taking that away so we are on par with other classes… and our single target well below average
please rethink this

12 Likes

Outlaw AOE was too strong. Stop being absurd.

10 Likes

Yeah you could say that. But Firemage is doing more AOE atm. where is the nerf for them?

8 Likes

Where do you see a single mage anywhere in the MDI? Every comp is infested with 3 Rogues or 2 Rogues and a WW. This nerf was absolutely needed.

9 Likes

You mean when they pop a 2min cd combustion on top of beam?

4 Likes

Ofcourse outlaw would be topping in Easy mdi keys that take 11 minutes to complete. They do the best in quick dungeons with burst damage being the specialty. I’m talking more about higher keys where damage actually matters.

1 Like

Rogue is the strangest class in the game. It’s like it’s designed around being so strong, too strong that no matter how much Blizzard nerfs them they’ll still do what they do best. If not one spec, another. It’s just more of a PITA for daggerless Outlaws in case a spec swap is needed to stay on top.

1 Like

this nerf is ridiculous just tested it
dead SPEC inc just like it was in legion
went from my top dmg in M+ to my 5th

I hope it’s not that bad. Haven’t run a key yet, but my SIMs only dropped 9k, which adds up with the about 10k less overall I was coming up with when I was just subtracting 1/3 from overall blade flurry damage done.

So, the 40-44k overall I’ve been pulling in most dungeons should drop to 31-35k overall. So, definitely below most other DPS I’ve seen for overall, but… I should hope not below tanks and heals. :frowning:

EDIT:

Awesome. Three keys on the group finder needing rogues, all specifically mentioning they want assassination rogues. Cool.

EDIT:

Just did a ML 16. A nice, trash heavy dungeon. Overall DPS:

1. BM Hunter 76.72m (42.0k)
  2. Havoc DH 76.01m (41.6k)
  3. Me 69.37m (37.9k)

So, it’s not abysmal. Blade flurry did 14m damage. It would’ve previously done 21m, or, 7m more than what I did, putting me at… surprise surprise… 76m. Same as the hunter and the demon hunter. Not “insanely above.” Echoes what I said a million times about my overall damage being like, 1-3% within everyone else’s for high keys before the nerf.

2 Likes

Yeah the spec is absolutely dead. If I don’t manage to roll sin M+ shoulders next week there’s no point in playing this character anymore. Guess I’m maining Classic until they learn how to balance their game without the only option being deleting a spec or until essences are account wide. I refuse to grind month long essences again on multiple characters.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s dead. I only did 5k less overall than I would’ve done pre-nerf in that example above. I mean, it’s not ideal, but we still have tons of utility.

Also, I dunno if it was a fluke or something, but I noticed I did quite a bit more ST damage on those ML bosses than I used to, even with subpar rolls. Was talking to another rogue in game who noticed a similar increase in his ST DPS. Perhaps there was a stealth ST buff. In any case, not enough to offset that BF issue. But hopefully enough to give us back some of the raid viability the nerf took away.

Outlaw need more nerfs blizzard, they still broken OP, make things fair for other classes.

Kind of ironic.

I guess in classic everyone already knows the insanely OP classes and we know adjustments wont be fixing it.

1 Like

Damage doesnt go up in a vacuum though.

Total 222.1 million damage was done.

If you did 7 million more damage, the dungeon doesnt go up to 229.1 million. It goes away from other classes.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’m following you. Can you explain that more? And how does that impact the issue at hand? Not trying to be dense, I’m just really bad with numbers and mathematical reasoning.

Im ignoring tank/healing damage at this point since you didnt post their total.

To clear the dungeon your 3 dps did 222.1 million damage. That means the combined health of every trash mob and boss was 222.1 million.

If you bump your total damage up 7 million, the total mob health doesnt go up with it. Your 3 dps still only needed to do 222.1 million damage to clear it. So the other 2 would need to come down.

Since you are doing more damage now, a small amount of their attacks would never have landed because the mob is already dead from your damage.

It doesnt take away from the global point that without the change all 3 would have likely been closer together. Just that you cant add damage a run when there isnt anything to damage.

There is also an implicit assumption that the 3 dps are equally as geared and skilled as each other and the only difference is class.

Also it depends on pull size.

A lot more variables go into it.

3 Likes

Sin rogue has never been a mid-tier spec ever since Nighthold. Every time it’s always in the top three or five specs in raid.

It’s Tyrannical week…

Put Shroud on a shared CD like b-rezs. Boom, problem fixed.

1 Like

So you’re saying that if the nerf hadn’t occurred, and blade flurry did 7 million more damage, putting me at 41-42k, theirs would have been lower by the difference? (about 5k, or 2.5k each for convenience?)

Yes in terms of total damage.

There is a finite amount of damage that needs done (the sum of all trash and boss HP).

Dps is a bit trickier. Dps can go up even if total damage is static.

I was referring to adding 7 million to you r total damage to put you in the 76 million range

3 Likes

Is your pride getting in the way to admit you’re wrong about saying fire mage needs a nerf?

Like what in the actual f word lol

1 Like