Outlaw dps help

Outlaw doesn’t seem overly complicated, but I am really struggling some how. I’m not sure if I’m over thinking it or what, but I am too inconsistent on mobs with my dps. Sometimes I’m 45k sometimes I’m 23. I’m using BF in cd and trying not to let it ever fall off.

Single target dps I’m only doing 21-23k dps at 433 ilvl. I know it’s me, I don’t know what’s wrong. I’m trying everything I read “roll until you get Crit or 2 buffs” then I find I’m rolling forever. I also am trying to get the right buff I’m rolling at 3 combos and once I get it, it’s gone.

I’m using pistol procs and between the eyes on cd but nothing’s changing.

I suppose without videos it maybe hard to help but any help would be beneficial. I’m only focusing on m+ and want to raid and hold my weight.

Even if you are willing to help and don’t mind whisper in game, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Friend request me NFC#11938 I see a lot of issues I think I could help you with.

1 Like

Just did. Thank you!

Just going off your armory, I’d get rid of as much of that mastery gear as you can. Even using something 10-15 ilvls lower with crit/vers or crit/haste would be an improvement.

Also, your essences. You don’t have the third slot unlocked, which is a huge DPS loss. And you’ve only got rank 1 of the second one you’re using. You absolutely can’t compete in any raids or M+ at this point in the game without three unlocked slots and rank 3 essences in them.

Work on that HoA and you’ll see a serious increase in DPS without doing anything differently with your rotation.

Also, trinkets. Definitely want a coral. If you’re not raiding, definitely get yourself a spyglass. Your dice are super low. I would guess nearly any other 430 base trinket (cannonball, electromental, galecaller’s, plumage) would be better than 405 dice. Dice don’t actually SIM so great for me anyway. I’ve had the best results with spyglass/electromental in M+, until I get a coral. Then I’d probably go spyglass/coral.

EDIT:

Also see you’re using that damn phial. I did not have the best results when I played with that. I think that area it affects is super small, so you’ve really gotta be stacked in the middle and so does everything else.

lose mastery, gain haste and versatility, crit is about right, could lose a couple % to buff haste. replace 405 trink, replace deadly navi enchant with force multiplier. also get the 3rd minor. your azer pieces have alright stats. talents, deeper strat is rough to play when you are only rocking 10% haste. maybe vigor until you bump that haste % up.

10% isn’t too bad for outlaw haste, even with DS. I’m rocking 15% and that feels fine for energy. Don’t forget all the haste we pick up from alacrity, OP, and essences. I’m frequently around 45% buffed from all those.

Disagree about force multiplier. We want crit and vers. You don’t want the proc giving you more haste because your haste is super buffed from other sources when it goes off. Unless I understand the proc wrong, and it goes off your highest unbuffed stat. If not, it’s going to give you crit or haste, and crit is always more valuable for us. Rather have the crit buff all the time. I also see crit/vers enchants on top M+ rogues most of the time.

you are rocking 15% which is 50% more than him. 15-20% haste, 20-25% crit, and as much versatility as you can get.

I dunno about vers. I’ve played around a lot swapping to all vers gems and enchants. Drops me to about 29% crit and 17% vers. This almost always results in considerably less DPS in M+ for me, despite simming almost identically.

I definitely feel like you want over 30% base crit. I’m at 35% with a food buff. Maybe you guys with corals can get away with less.

So much of our damage comes from fat BtE crits. Seriously. Watch yourself jump positions on the meter after one of those goes off. And the ones that don’t crit deal like, 20k ish vs. 140k crits. I definitely notice too many non crits running anything below 30%, and correspondingly less DPS. That may change when I get a coral.

I haven’t been doing much other than farming world quest and bg’s some. what do you mean by “Maybe you guys with corals can get away with less.”

Ashvane Razor Coral. It’s our best trinket. Drops from the raid. Gives you a lot of crit, so I speculated that maybe having one would let you get away with less base crit.

I’m the last raiding rogue on the planet without one, so I dunno. Maybe next week!

It’s a major dps boost for us. Last time I did a SIM for it, it was about a 5k DPS upgrade for me, which is considerably more than any single piece upgrade in recent memory.

Sent you a friend request as well. Could use some advice if/when you have the time.