Origins of the Famed "Sunday thread"?

So a lot of you have been here longer than I. (legion start)

Do you remember a particularly standout time when this actually started? And why Male Human Paladins?

The forums mods used to take a break on Sunday, aka forum party time.

HMPs are a meme because of themselves.

4 Likes

Well, it happened on Sunday, once, long ago…

1 Like

not really. after so many years here it all just starts to run together

Once upon a time, trolls realized that calling people’s posts stupid and slinging around insults could get them a forum ban, so a way was devised to insult the OP of a topic without making it look like they are doing so, and thus the Sunday Thread was born.

Its starting to get stale though, can we change Sunday to Wednesday and change popcorn to tangerines? Trolls need some new material.

1 Like

When you’ve lived long enough as the hero to become the villain in every narrative.

You are the hero we want, but don’t deserve.

1 Like

Basically this. People have realized being outright hostile gets you a suspended - usually. Hence the advent of the passive aggressive form of attack began. Those truly skilled at the artform actually end up being supported by the powers that be since it gives them plausible deniability. But we all know the truth. Some are just better at obfuscating it then others.

Ultimately some forms of this are more meme content now, intended more for comedic affect whilst calling someone out rather than hostile intent. But other times you see people using this method to bait the naive into retaliation and in turn, get their targets suspended. Over time I learnt how to distinguish the two. But it took me a few suspensions to learn the lesson.

Believe it was a 4chan meme that some one just brought over to the forums & it stuck.

Hey now do not expose my tricks D:

I’m trying to home my skills further in the dark arts. Indeed I too have been round the ol’ rodeo so to speak (baited into a trap).

I read that in Bwomsamdi’s voice :rofl:

1 Like

The CMs have Sunday off. That’s all there is to it.

Someone does work on Sundays I have seen threads removed on Sundays.

Maybe recently but not originally.

No mods on sunday.

Human male paladins are gross so of course they post gross.

2 Likes