Oribos is a giant summoning stone/gravesite

So while sitting next to a summoning stone doing mythic+s I was looking at it and noticed that its made out of the exact same material as Oribos. The graveyards in the shadowlands when you die activate when you die re summoning you. The blue crystals light up and the whole thing transforms.

Hearthstones. Our hearthstones have runes etched on them, you could maybe say Jailer runes?

The armor set you got for preordering. The Eternal Travelers set with hearthstone. I noticed while playing my shadow priest that when you use that hearth stone with that armor set, all the blue crystals start to glow on the armor.

The Jailer can pull these blue crystals out of now where. Oribos is littered with them and most of them arent lighting up or activated.

I think all of shadow lands were connected at some point and anima flowed freely to all covenants. Something happened with Zovall, the covenant turned against him, blew up the shadow lands and took away all anima from the new “Maw” . This is why in herbalism each zone grows a different type of herb, Night shade grows everywhere…and the maw just grows nightshade is why I think the maw physically connected all the lands before it got exploded and cut off from all the anima

The brokers portals that work extremely well in oribos.

The Jailer is using the Oribos the giant summoning stone to bring all of the zones back together including the maw.

Any input would be awesome and to shut down any of my theorys. I have a ton more ive noticed, but this stuff was just the stuff that stuck out to me.

3 Likes

Oribos is the hilt of a lightsaber that will be used by Elune to kill the Voidlords

8 Likes

you are correct in that the Shadowlands were once whole, something happen likely with the first ones or the eternal ones that resulted in the current state.

I doubt Blizzard will make a patch where all the zones become merged together like one big outland.

Both the way stones and Oribos are machines designed by the First Ones. According to the Brokers there are other machines in the cosmos left behind by the first ones that are far larger, grander, and powerful than Oribos that we have yet to see.

How exactly it is that the Maw Walker is connected to the way stones and why they reacted to us in the first place is one of the expansions mysteries - but you cannot die permanent in the Shadowlands thanks to the machines of the First Ones.

Oribos is just another machine, one designed to funnel souls from all throughout the material realm into specific realms of the Shadowlands. The Arbiter and her attendants are part of this machine and cannot function properly without them. It is not a big hearthstone.

Hearthstones were originally just that - stones taken from a hearth and enchanted by a mage or warlock to allow one to fast travel home. They are composed of a rare mineral, but not one native to the shadowlands. Other objects and even people can be enchanted to serve as hearthstones, however, and they need not be made from this material specifically.

2 Likes

I find the symbols in Oribos to be a bit strange. Mainly the one with two snakes eating each other which is I guess a kind of Ouroboros though I guess it wouldn’t have the same meaning as a normal one snake Ouroboros. More importantly is they are surrounded by four swords which I understand represents the main covenants but it gives off a very agressive image.

The brokers also say they have no idea what The First Ones used to make these structures. We also dont know hearthstones are made out of.

Look REALLY carefully at the material The FIrst Ones used, theres specks of blue and gold throughout it…same colors of Azurite.

We do know what hearthstones are made out of though.

As I said in my post, they are just objects that mages or warlocks enchant to allow fast travel. In game, they can be anything from actual stones taken from a fireplace hearth, a book, a scroll, a pair of shoes - whatever they decide to enchant.

In game there was even a person turned into a hearthstone, the Innkeepers Daughter. (Which apparently giggles at inappropriate times and is warm to the touch). It’s the magic, not the materials, that are special about hearthstones.

The hearthstone I was really concered about was the “Eternat Travelers Heathstone” the one when used lights up all the blue crystals on the Eternal Travelers armor set. Something about the combination of the material the first ones use plus those blue crystals.

assume this armor was made by the first ones and used it to freely travel or summon things. I havent looked at the sumoning stones in the rest of the game so i dont know if they are made of same material but if we have the same summoning stones across every area of the game, this could mean big things.