Orc or Undead for Warrior PvP

Is having Hardiness and Blood Fury better than having that extra Fear break in PvP? I like my Orc but I see all these PvP videos of Warriors getting rekt by Warlocks, due to seduce spam into Soul Fire and whatnot.
Also I’ve seen good warlocks bait Berserker Rage into a Death coil, and then proceed to fear spam warriors and destroy them. I’ve watched videos of Spriests murdering Warriors by tanking through zerker rage and then catching warriors in the 2nd fear and melting their faces off.

Warriors are already good against Rogues, with or without stun resist. And blood fury gives the Orc a self MS debuff that seems to be a death sentence for yourself in group pvp.

Is undead a better choice in this Meta? Worth rerolling?

100% Orc for classic PvP. Whoever tells you otherwise is drunk or trolling.

5 Likes

Also, if you are making a warrior to beat good spriests and warlocks in a 1v1 I have bad news for you. It might happen here or there with some cheeky crits/resists but that matchup is absolutely horrendous for the warrior and you’ll lose 8/10 times vs. an equally skilled & geared player.

2 Likes

Orc if you wanna be some tryhard kid that feels special after resisting 4 stuns in the row.

Undead for style.

That said, depending on the lock you are fighting Undead racial will not save you although it makes things easier. Id go Undead, just to improve the overal statistics and not be a part of a clearly racial min max tryhard meta.

4 Likes

I made an undead female warrior.

The animations are actually really cool.

I don’t care about min/max.

I do what I want.

6 Likes

What about for TBC? We all know its coming and I plan to play this Warrior and do lots of Arena.

1 Like

Horde>alliance

1 Like

I have never played TBC so take my advice with a grain of salt:

I do however know that hardiness will be nerfed and WOTF becomes one of the best pvp racials, especially in small fights where CC on one person can completely swing it.

How this affects the choice for warriors though I do not know since warriors do have a way of breaking fear and the argument “good players will bait it” doesn’t really hold strong since then the issues aren’t racials but the fact that you got baited.

I know that one of the best pvp warriors in our guild is rerolling from R14 Human w/ Scarab Lord to gnome specifically for arena. If you aren’t too set on going horde I can highly recommend gnome since escape artist is absolutely amazing.

I disagree. I think it’s 1000%. Though mathematically impossible, I still think it’s true somehow.

2 Likes

I think also the axe racial gets nerfed at max level. You can’t get above 350 weapon skill I don’t think. With the orc or human racials. Not sure if it’s significant in pvp though.

See, for style/looks I really love female orcs. Love the look in plate armor and the combat stance and swing animations. I love Undead for rogues and casters, but something looks off to me when they wear plate. But if Undead racial is better for pvp for classic and tbc, I’d give it up to have a little benefit for pvp.

No, it’s not better

The thing with classic pvp is that orc and gnome are by far the best choices for group pvp on either faction and since group pvp is king they should be the default choice. All other races have niche uses, but wont do as well in premade vs premade wsg for example. If you don’t care about that top end gameplay then it really does not matter.

1 Like

Orc is the best pvp race in classic and every other expansion except WOTLK when EMFH was OP for humans (humans are the second best in every one since EMFH was put in). Stun resist is extremely good in pvp.

It’s not just rogues, you’re resisting charge, intercept, destro warlock stuns, paladin stuns, etc. etc.

And warriors already have short CD mechanisms to break/avoid fear so WOTF is less critical.

also it affects nades, which is just blatantly stupid. I get why people roll it but at the same time I also have zero respect or admiration for any orc player.

Real try hards use potions in pvp. So being an orc isn’t all that useful. Real try harding pvp is actually tauren for war stomp and extra stamina.

3 Likes

I never played horde, as a principle.
But the undead’s immunity to fear sounds pretty appealing for a warrior.

1 Like

Real try harder dispel in pvp

1 Like

Every race can use pots in pvp… only one can resist all them stuns

1 Like

Troll Beserking I almost rolled for shaman for a lesser version of Nature’s Swiftness