Option to select multiple dungeons queues

Its kind of silly that a person has to wait 15 minutes in a dungeon queue just for the game to ask if I want to look for dungeons in another expac’s set of dungeons. Why not have that option available from the start?

Can someone explain the logic of this to me? I’m having a hard time understanding it. Is it immersion?

The whole point of chromy time is to place you within the content in question. So yes picking BFA only to not get BFA instances breaks immersion and gose adverse the goal of the system.

If the system instantly gave up and looked outside you would rarly get ques of your instance as unless a group for that xpac was already there will instantly jump to another and odds are since more than 2 xpacs you will not get your xpac more often than not.

While an option to allow you to break xpac restrictions from the start is not a bad idea to me it also at the same time makes the vary issue you are trying to fix worse. As if you have players jumping out of a lower pop xpac into other xpacs right away those players are not there to fill the que for those that don’t do that. As such you are “making” players trigger that setting to even get resonable que times.

15 min is not a long wait before being asked to move over that is less than a normal dps que. While when the system moves you into the global pool you still have your place in line and will get a group before people that waited 12 min if your at 15 min. So your not losing any time unless your a tank/healer and are used to instant ques. Tanks/healers are esp those we CANT have doing so without making it so the dps will never find a group as never a tank/healer than.

I don’t consider it a bad thing to make players mainly tank/heal (but even dps at slow times) wait 15 min before going to the global que and being placed in the next group (after others than have waited longer than them) in order to attempt to make people play within the content they picked.

If you want to chain runs back to back don’t take a chromy time and take the default where the most players are rarely if ever do you look for other xpacs there.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. I see your point with regarding the pseudo-mandatory requirement that everyone choose the large pool to receive a timely queue. As with anything, the majority will take the most efficient route which makes those along for the ride have to join that carousel as well.

The priority is there in the queue as you noted in terms of DPS. With regards to leveling without Chromie, I’ll try that with my next character or see if I can turn it off now.