Option to OPT OUT of Specific Bgs

You are 100% right, but having the longer queue time as horde makes it even more unattractive.

1 Like

OK, but you can merc… :smiley:

For those of us who work full time and have other responsibilities, take WG for example.

My bad, I must have missed it

Usually I just skim thru posts

My question was what reward? If it’s conquest points, I have absolutely no problem - as an Alliance character - maxing out the 500 required in the first couple of days of the week, sometimes without needing to set foot in rated content or more than a couple of battlegrounds. The rest of my week I get to queue specifically for what I want if the random queue isn’t being nice to me.

@ the OP, making random complain threads like this one accomplishes nothing, you gotta post where blues will actually read your feedback

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-epic-battlegrounds/16669

As a solution to this problem of players shying away from WG or not liking WG, I’ve suggested simply adding an additional queue category as follows:

Random Epic Battlegrounds
(rewards unchanged)

• Alterac Valley
  • Isle of Conquest
  • Southshore vs Tarren Mill

“Random Siege Battlegrounds” (…or some other appropriate name)
(perhaps 100 conquest for the first daily win, 25 conquest for each win thereafter?)

• Battle for Wintergrasp
  • Tol Barad
  • Ashran

^ This would make everybody happy imo

I really do believe most casuals would prefer ^ this setup to what we have now :thinking:

1 Like

WG consumes much more time than any other BG, with no bonus rewards.

Would you do a raid that takes 3 times as long as easier raids, requires more complex fights, has the same ilvl drops, and you don’t enjoy at all?

I guess your experience is different to mine. The longest Wintergrasp I’ve been in was 38 minutes. The average game time of over 30 games for me is 22m.

AV is the longest epic battleground (averaging 39m per match) and IoC is the shortest (19m average).

What you are suggesting will impact queue times even more, as well as having other detrimental effects on system.

Your anecdotal times aside, this isn’t the point. There is no reason we should be forced into BGs we don’t enjoy (WG specifically seems to be the majority of my epic games). We should have the option to opt out of at least a few BGs we don’t enjoy without being penalized.

I’m pretty sure they’ve stated that blacklist isn’t coming back, I don’t remember where though

In the meantime, the best thing you can do for yourself is to simply maintain 1 or 2 alts just in case WG keeps popping over and over. It’s also “insurance” against getting dropped into those pesky “in progress” WG games that seem to be so common on Alliance side in particular :grimacing:

Or at least, that’s what I do. It’s the most practical solution that I’m aware of currently :thinking:

You’re not being forced to do anything. The ability for you to a) leave a game b) queue specifically for maps you do enjoy (and being time poor is something I sympathize with, which is why I often use this - why would I do something I don’t enjoy in my free time??) c) queue for a different pool of maps entirely (normal bgs) all exist.

my suggestion would be to stay out of the epic bg queue unless you have 60 minutes. while most games can be won in as little as a few minutes, the whole queue is intended for pvping up to an hour in a single bg.

further, if you want rewards, win. pvp is not about time investment for rewards, its about winning for rewards.

You’re correct, no one has a gun to my head. Having said that, the reason these forums exist is to share ideas and issues.

a. Leave BG - viable, and you eat queue time plus 15m debuff plus second queue time with no reward for time spent. Bad.
b. Queue for specific BG - viable, but no conquest points or item rewards. Bad.
c. Queue for different BG type - again, gutted rewards after first daily win. Bad.

So yes, we can quit BGs and we can queue for BGs with a very, very small return on time invested. We can also have an alt backup (which I do). That may be fine for you, but it’s a huge disappointment for me.

I keep saying a white list might be more feasible. It’s “I want to do BG XYZ, team me up with likeminded people!” Pick your white list by preference, with the ones you don’t want at the very bottom.

Blizzard takes away blacklisting then gives us Seething Bore and a poor implementation of WG…coincidence? Probably, but ask me again after the Achor Weed kicks in.

Do what I do and specific queue for BG’s after you cap for the week. No point doing randoms really.

I love temple. Its quick, fun, and fast paced. Do a few of those then maybe I’ll switch it up and do some warsong gulch.

Yeah like why did they remove it in the first place?

I hate the 15 vs 15 maps they r so boring IMO.

The rewards from battlegrounds are negligible. That is why I suggested capping in the first few days and then doing the maps you enjoy, but it sounds to me like you’re someone that doesn’t do anything “for fun” and just chases the carrot.

Have you considered that people might want to have fun at the same time as getting rewards?

The blacklist existed in the past, and it was very nice.

1 Like

I /AFK when I get into a BG I dislike, I then log onto another toon until my deserter debuff is gone.

1 Like