Opinion on better RBG healer between HPaly and HPriest?

Just looking on opinions as to what people might think might be the better healer (HPaly/HPriest) for RBGs.
Although I do understand that Preservation Evoker is very OP, so my two healers might not get picked because everyone wants meta.

I have always gone to my priest fo bg’s never got the hang of pally healing

Hpal has traditionally been more meta than Hpriest, and Disc being hyper sought after above the other 2. I don’t know if DF changes have switched this up any.

I think Hpriest only became sought after in SL season 3 when they were significantly overtuned, and even then people still would ask me if I would switch Disc. Lol

What makes Disc better than Holy for RBGs?

Just an overall better kit for rbg healing. Dome on smoke bombs/team fights, pain sup for flag carriers, rapture lets heal on the move. Dots + atonement + insta powerful aoe radiance is just easy mode healing team fights vs other healer kits.

2 Likes

You’ll probably have an easier time as hpal between those two imo

1min sac, short hoj, chunky aoe healing and aura of reckoning being completely busted in battlegrounds lol. Rebuke also completely game changing and i’m upset they even took it away from us ever

If you’re playing with casters you have the option to talent into like 1m30sec aura mastery between talent and pvp talent

Mana has been a big problem in teamfights though, it’s really sad to see 8k disappear per holy shock and then wings cost 25k lol. So just coordinate well for drinks

1 Like

Thank you Hairy, that’s unfortunate, no reason to play Holy (which I prefer) over Disc in RBGs.

Not really at all. If you join a pug as a healing priest they will fully expect you to be specced as disc and will be shocked if you come out as holy. So you will have those pressures to deal with.

1 Like

The major letdown with Disc now is not having shadowmend when kicked on Holy.

It happened A LOT to me once the new changes to Priest kicked in during off-season.

Holy Priest can heal while being able to avoid being CCd or kicked.

My main was rsham for a long time, back when they just contributed a few dots but mainly did inoffensives like shear and purge during down time. It relied on a team that would defend me, unless you always queue as a group you can’t rely on that. That’s why it’s good to have an offensive healer in BGs.